SASS Wire Forum

Cell Phones at EOT

Anvil Al #59168

I know out here. There are a lot of places that the cell will not work.

Just wondering if they work out at EOT on the ranch?????

Planning of being there from Sunday through Sunday and not leave the ranch.

Just need to let the Wife :blush: know if we will be able to talk or not.

If you have a fairly recent production Verizon phone, you probably will have service everywhere. If your phone is 4-5 years old, visit Verizon and get a new one before you come. Older phones and other providers, your mileage may vary.

My 2 year old Verizon phone works everwhere on the ranch but has a dead spot on Barton Road going north of the ranch. I'd get a new one, but I'm waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon.

I have an ancient Nokia I keep around for emergency calls. I works very well if I drive off the ranch to a high point on NM route 217 just north of Juan Tomas Road where I get a very strong signal. You can easily call out if you drive up out of the valley where the ranch lies.

I have Alltel with phone 2-3 years old and get fair use at ranch. Best use is around first row Founders RV parking and above. bb

My AT&T works anywhere on the ranch..

That's odd. I have AT&T and have had several different phones. Currently have an Iphone. None of my phones worked anywhere on the ranch. Have they improved the service since last year?

I've got two AT&T phones. One is my company-supplied two-year old Blackberry. The other is my four-year old personal Nokia. As of last year, the Blackberry had NO coverage at the ranch, and stays offline until I get within a mile or so of I-40. The Nokia had spotty coverage on the range, and got good signal once I was up the hill by the visitor parking, continuing to the Interstate.

• 2 weeks later...

Another satisfied Verizon user. I have a 3-4 year old LG cell phone, but I do update it regularly (*228 on the Verizon system). That's something every cell phone user should do on a monthly basis if you want to optimize your calling area coverage.

Regards, TJH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've got two AT&T phones. One is my company-supplied two-year old Blackberry. The other is my four-year old personal Nokia. As of last year, the Blackberry had NO coverage at the ranch, and stays offline until I get within a mile or so of I-40. The Nokia had spotty coverage on the range, and got good signal once I was up the hill by the visitor parking, continuing to the Interstate.

I've got an ATT Blackberry that works on most of the Ranch. As of October 5, 2010. So, better coverage now than last year, would be my take.

Verizon has the best coverage at the ranch, as reported by several of our regular shooters at Buffalo Range Riders matches and my experience with my wife's phone there.

Good luck, GJ

• 5 months later...

Archived