SASS Wire Forum

visitor/public,shooter or menber?

dutch bear

Howdy

I have a question.

I am a SASS member and live in the Netherlands (Europe).

We (my wife and I) are in New Mexico at the time of the "end off trail" and we couldn't leave without a visit to the event.

We hope to meet a lot of cowboyactionshooters and enthousiasts as cowboyactionshooting is sadly not a big sport in The Netherlands.

There are even plans for a group of Dutch people and Germans to go to the "end of trail 2011" as shooters (and we hope to get idears how to organize this, during our visit this year).

But as is said, I have a question, when we visit how does it work, are we members of the paying public, I cant register as a shooter (it is not possible to get my guns across the Atlantic on such short notice) or are there other possibillities for SASS members? (can we camp overight if we're not competing, do we have to leave at 5?)

It isn't the 8 dollars entrance fee that is the problem or 50 for a camping space, but we would like to see as much of the end of trail as we can and that just doesn't seem possible as a menber of "the public"'.

Hope to meet a lot of ya'll in person,

Dutch Bear

i think the best bet is to sign up as a CONVENTIONEER. That way you can stay in the evening for the parties, etc. You can also sign up for camping as a Conventioneer. I don't know how you plan to camp though. The camping at the ranch is just in a huge open field that used to be Buffalo grazing. There are flattened rows for camping, but no amenities. Porta Johns, but NO Water. Plenty of food vendors open from 7:00AM until about 8:00PM each day. As a Conventioneer you can even shoot special stages. If you ask, someone will probably loan you guns to shoot those stages. Come, have FUN!!!

That's wonderful news about the German and Dutch contingent coming to EoT 2011. I haven't even registered for 2010 and I'm already anticipating 2011. The first thing you need to do is turn off the volcano in Iceland that's interrupting air travel in Europe. The weather Indians we use here don't work their magic on European volcanoes. That's out of their sphere of influence.

I don't recommend camping at Founders Ranch unless you rent a recreational vehicle. As Happy Jack says, the camp ground is not well-developed. Further, the temperature will be higher than in the Netherlands. You need a room with an air conditioner after shooting. Rent a motel room. They are only a half hour from the ranch and not too expensive.

Attending as a conventioneer is a good option. However, you would be loaned guns and given ammunition if you ask. Consider shooting this year's EoT.

i think the best bet is to sign up as a CONVENTIONEER. That way you can stay in the evening for the parties, etc. You can also sign up for camping as a Conventioneer. I don't know how you plan to camp though. The camping at the ranch is just in a huge open field that used to be Buffalo grazing. There are flattened rows for camping, but no amenities. Porta Johns, but NO Water. Plenty of food vendors open from 7:00AM until about 8:00PM each day. As a Conventioneer you can even shoot special stages. If you ask, someone will probably loan you guns to shoot those stages. Come, have FUN!!!

Normally, I wouldn't recommend CONVENTIONEER - I say go as a SHOOTER - but in your situation being a Conventioneer is the way to go. It gets you into everything and there are Conventioneer stages to shoot. Look us up, I'm bringing plenty of guns & ammo and surely could spare enough for you to shoot a couple of stages. It might take a little coordinating, but we could do it.

I'll be pulling a covered wagon gun cart - just come up and say, "Guten tag!"

Buena suerte,

eGG

• 2 weeks later...

howdy

thanx for all the anwsers, but with we the schedule for the vacation taking shape we wil have 1 day, 2 at the most so we will get in as visitors

hope to see/meet you alll en get idears for next year.

i hear from a lot off people in Germany and in holland that they want to go(experiance learns that only 1/3e will go in the real world but that could still be over 50 people)

again thanx a lot and hope to see you next month

Bear

• 1 month later...

howdy to all

we had a perfect visit to the EOT, we just went as "public for 1 day(the vacationplanning didn't allow for any more)

we met a lott of people that where all very freindly to us.

i got a chance to fire a couple of shots on the conventioneers stage(with special thanks to the freind who made that possible) so a perfect day

we stayed at the super 8 motel in moriarty and met a lott of nice poeple there as well, it is not a very recomendable motel, but for a couple of nights it will do

i found the whole thing overwelming in size and friendliness and we are more determent than ever to come again next year as shooters

greetings and hope to see you all next year

Dutch Bear

Archived