SASS Wire Forum

2010 Prince of the Pistoleers

KC Colt, SASS #69404

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving the shop NOW, gonna crawl into a big gin and tonic and then beddybye. Be rollin north around 8 ish. See ya there.

Just checked in to the Super 8 off I-35 about 9 miles from the range. Will be at the range bright and early - or around 10ish. I'll see about saving spots then. BTW, what am I saving spots for??? It might be helpful if I knew - although not knowing has never stopped me before.

Fingers (Need some Kansas smoke now) McGee

Doc Hurd and I arrived around 10ish. At same Super 8 as Fingers and his lovely MRS. See ya all at the range in the morning.

Chili Pepper Kid heading out. Got my travelin music on!!!

Keep movin', movin', movin',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them dogies movin', rawhide.

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em.

Soon we'll be livin' high and wide.

My heart's calculatin',

My true love will be waitin',

Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em on,

Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide!

Head 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide!

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin',

Though the streams are swollen,

Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide.

Through rain and wind and weather,

Hell bent for leather,

Wishin' my gal was by my side.

All the things I'm missin',

Good vittles, love and kissin',

Are waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em on,

Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide!

Head 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide!

RAWHIDE!!!

See ya on the range

Chili Pepper Kid

Riolling, look for me around 11 or so,

It has begin. God help us all.

Alamo Kid showed up toting a bag full of "Alamo Rocks". Now every stage had at least a dozen "rocks". I must say his decorating ability is magnificent. :D

Doc Hurd and Katie were here for side matches and I kept an eye on Doc as much as I could and no smile yet. Hopefully one will show tomorrow

RC Dan and his bride showed wearing purple (peace offerring??) and showed us how to shoot the speed side matches. WOW them Okies are FAST.

And as we were shutting down today ....in walks the Chili Pepper Kid...We are in trouble.... :blush::ph34r::wub: The nuts have arrived.

Please pray for The Powder Creek Cowboys.

KC

It has begin. God help us all.

Alamo Kid showed up toting a bag full of "Alamo Rocks". Now every stage had at least a dozen "rocks". I must say his decorating ability is magnificent. :D

Doc Hurd and Katie were here for side matches and I kept an eye on Doc as much as I could and no smile yet. Hopefully one will show tomorrow

RC Dan and his bride showed wearing purple (peace offerring??) and showed us how to shoot the speed side matches. WOW them Okies are FAST.

And as we were shutting down today ....in walks the Chili Pepper Kid...We are in trouble.... :blush::ph34r::wub: The nuts have arrived.

Please pray for The Powder Creek Cowboys.

KC

I saw Doc smile today. Must've had a good run!

This was a great shoot. Rain came in full force. Saturday was very wet. Sunday was canceled. The banquet was very nice. Everyone had a good time. The Powder Creek Cowboys were perfect hosts. The grounds were outstanding. The stages were fun. There was alot of SMILING by most.

"WHAT FUN"

THANKS TO THE POWDER CREEK (should be river)COWBOYS. :ph34r:^_^

HAD A BLAST, :blush: WHO CARES, IF EVERYTHING I OWN, IS WET. :blush:

FUN STAGES, GREAT PROP'S, FUN BANQUET,ate too much-- :blush: --not to say i drank too much.

SUPER AWARD'S. :wub:

RANGE FOOD--- :blush: couldn't stop goin' back.

KC, YA'LL KEEP THE ROCK'S, I GOT MORE.

POSSE #4 ROCKS

THANK'S FOR PUTTIN' UP WIT ME.

So it rained a little. Well a lot. Still had a great time! Chili Pepper Kid, man that was some superb salsa! Pleasure meetin ya.

The biggest problem I had all weekend was tripping over those darned rocks! They were everywhere! THANKS, ALAMO!

AND I WON A GUN! Don't get no better'n that!

Thanks to all the Powder Creek Cowboys for hostin a great match!

Titus A. (look for me and Fannie there next year) Gnatsass

OH, I FORGOT TO SAY,-----IT REALLY WAS, THE BEST, 1 DAY-2 DAY SHOOT'S I'VE EVER

BEEN TO.

"IT WAS THE BETTER PART OF VALOR", TO TAKE SUNDAY OFF. YA CAN'T DO NOTTIN' ABOUT

THE HEAVEN'S BREAKIN' UP. DON'T WANT TA BE STANDIN' :blush: THERE, WITH AN 1873 LIGHTENIN'

ROD IN YOUR HAND.

BESIDES, IT KEPT COYOTE KID FROM CATCHIN' ME.

:blush:

J-BAR ^_^ YOUR THE MAN

Had a blast - pun intended - at this years Kansas Boat Ride - er, I mean Prince of the Pistoleers match. KC and the rest of his rainy day gang did a bang up job - pun intended again - hosting.

It's always good to see old friends - and make new ones. And Chili Pepper Kid, that was some great slasa. Your alias is well deserved.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Ahhh....fun...fun...fun. I'm home and already on my second nap.

Gotta go to the liquir store & see ifin I kin find that Tequila Rose. Thanks Chantilly fer the taste of dat jug.

Chili Pepper Kid

So sorry to hear that you had to cancel today's portion of the match. We also had to cancel our match at the Goddard Cowboys cause of that rain and LIGHTENING!!

On the bright side -- maybe Chili Pepper Kid will be able to come. We are rescheduling today's match for this Saturday, June 19th and we're going to cook up a bunch of burgers and dogs after the shoot.

That Tequila Rose drink looks yummy! Do you recommend the strawberry or the chocolate???

I have to agree with what everyone on Posse #4 has said. KC Colt and the rest of the Powder Creek Cowboys were excellent hosts! All of the folks were friendly and made us feel not only welcome but wanted. It was our first time there and the their range and complex are first rate. I feel sorry for the club because I know how much heart and soul they had put into the match only to have the weather dampen (pun intended) their efforts but not their spirits. We hated to pull out early but the threat of severe weather and rising waters made it seem like the wiser decision. We did manage to make it home before we ran into any rain but it was following us all the way. As they say, Wait 'til next year!

I want to say thanks to everybody who put on the Prince of Pistoleers. The organizers are to be commended. They put in an enormous amout of work making sure everybody had fun.

For those who have never been to Powder Creek, the stages are built so that, except for the corral, the shooter is under cover and dry. The corral is another story. I am probably the only shooter who shot the corral dry. I was the first shooter on the corral. As I walked to the unloading table the heavens opened up. It never really stopped the rest of the day.

At least we didn't have a lot of heat.

It was my first multi day event. I had a great time. I want to attend more.

Thanks to all who attended the 2010 Prince of the Pistoleers annual match. I hope everyone (even you, Alamo :blush: ) made it home safely and wish you many returns to our range. And I want to thank all the members who helped put on the match, it was a success. I met many new long time friends and got to say hey to others I have shot with before and whom I have been longing to see again. Wish you all a great summer and an even better fall.

Your pard,

KC

Speaking of Alamo, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHes3r9rOA

I DON'T CARE, WHO YA AR, THAT THERE'S FUNNY. :blush:

THERE I AM, THE POP FOSTER CHILD. ^_^

I'M DIGGIN' A HOLE, NOW, I'LL BE IN IT, IF YA NEED ME.

I DON'T CARE, WHO YA AR, THAT THERE'S FUNNY. :blush:

THERE I AM, THE POP FOSTER CHILD. ^_^

I'M DIGGIN' A HOLE, NOW, I'LL BE IN IT, IF YA NEED ME.

Make that hole big enough for the both of us, OK??!! :blush:

Of course we had a fun time, KC! The NUT posse (Alamo) ROCKS! ^_^ Thank you to all the PCC for your hard work! Great shoot....and don't forget to fix those roof leaks before next year :blush: *just kidding* We were darn grateful for the cover!!

Strawberry Tequila Rose!! Get the Strawberry! :blush: I want to change my alias to Tequila Rose but it's done spoke for - so how about Belladonna? Absinthe??

Cheers!

Chantilly (who needs to change her name to protect the innocent)

We would like to say Thank You to the officers and club members of Powder Creek Cowboys who organized the P of P shoot. It was unfortunate that the heavans had to open up during the match on Saturday and force the cancellation of Sunday's shooting.

Two Wheel Tom & Slingin Sam

Just wan’a say,

IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN TO THE POP Ya need ta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great time and people, great props and stages. Posse 1 had a blast! I’ve never seen cowboy action shot with a Spencer before, you guys rock!!! Speaking of rocks. I think I found one in my boot (Thanks ALAMO)! :blush: Thanks to all the people that put on the shoot and to Posse 1 for making this trip a good one!!! Got to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones.

Highland Scottie and myself will defiantly be back and maybe, just maybe, mother nature will hold off the rain and lightning for the whole shoot..

THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME

I think I’ll change my name to Web Foot Dan>>>>

And I think I saw Doc smile Saturday night. :blush:

RCD

Boy are my feelings hurt. Nobody had a word to say about my braids.

You've heard about the weather, the facilities, the food but nothing about the great battle of the whiskeys.

It boiled down to Bulleit or Power's Irish Whiskey.

To my scared, battle worn palate, Power's was the winner for an everyday sipping drink.

Tequila Rose is one of the drinks like American honey that likes you tonight but will hate you tomorrow.

To KC and the gang. Thanks for as good a party as could be expected under the circumstances.

Chili Pepper is welcome on the nut posse anytime. He fit right in. His "Cat Killer" salsa is a thing of beauty.

BUTCH & I ARE LEAVIN' FOR BOLIVIA IN THE MORNIN', NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

WERE GOIN' TO GET NEW ID'S, & START SELLIN' TUPPERWARE & MARY K.

I'M GETTIN' PLASTIC SURGERY, TO LOOK LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN NOZ & FINGER'S MCGEE.

PLEASE WRITE.

Boy are my feelings hurt. Nobody had a word to say about my braids.

So, post the picture & there will probably be PLENTY said.

Where's the picture of Noz in the braids?????????????????? we need it posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUTCH & I ARE LEAVIN' FOR BOLIVIA IN THE MORNIN', NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

WERE GOIN' TO GET NEW ID'S, & START SELLIN' TUPPERWARE & MARY K.

I'M GETTIN' PLASTIC SURGERY, TO LOOK LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN NOZ & FINGER'S MCGEE.

PLEASE WRITE.

:blush:^_^ That even scares me .................................................... As long as you put your hair in braids.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Archived