SASS Wire Forum

2010 Prince of the Pistoleers

KC Colt, SASS #69404

Yeeehawwwww one more day closer to FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to see some old friends and meet new ones!!!!!!!

It will be fun to shoot back in my birth STATE, purple is also a good color for a CAT!

RCD

RCD

Lookin forward ta seein you and Scottie again. Been way too long! Comin' At Cha' if memory serve me right. See ya soon.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those Ol' Doc Hurd has fooled. You missed your chance to see him in full glory. Doc and I were spoting. We were given bandanas to be offical. Doc rolled his up. While brass was being gathered after shooter completed stage, he snapped me with the tip of that cloth. His laughter was heard by many. And some think he quiet and serious. You know not the true Doc. He is full of it!

For those Ol' Doc Hurd has fooled. You missed your chance to see him in full glory. Doc and I were spoting. We were given bandanas to be offical. Doc rolled his up. While brass was being gathered after shooter completed stage, he snapped me with the tip of that cloth. His laughter was heard by many. And some think he quiet and serious. You know not the true Doc. He is full of it!

I was there to serve as a witness to said nonsense! And it didn't take much persuasion from us to get him to do it either.....wait a minute....Katie, it was all Fannie Kicker's idea! Yeah, thats it! I SWEAR! :D

Fanny! never going to make be believe she had to encourage Doc at all. I've been with that cuss to long. Now you may have helped him, but not fanny.

Sure do wish we could be there this weekend but we're having 2 shoots on our range. NCOWS are shooting here on Saturday and Goddard Cowboys will be here on Sunday. www.goddardcowboys.com (Yes, that was a shameless plug!!) :D

You're going to just love Chili Pepper Kid. He shoots here with the Goddard Cowboys and is a great asset to our group. He'll probably be in "Hillbilly mode!" What a great guy!! He is the first person in Iowa that we brought into the Dooley Gang so be sure to look for his purple arm band!! Maybe he'll even have some of that wonderful plum wine!!!!!

You folks have a great weekend. We'll be thinking about you. Tell Katie Scarlett she rocks!!! I'll be looking for her name associated with #1 Lady Duelist!! Perhaps we can make it to this shoot next year.

Sure do wish we could be there this weekend but we're having 2 shoots on our range. NCOWS are shooting here on Saturday and Goddard Cowboys will be here on Sunday. www.goddardcowboys.com (Yes, that was a shameless plug!!) :D

You're going to just love Chili Pepper Kid. He shoots here with the Goddard Cowboys and is a great asset to our group. He'll probably be in "Hillbilly mode!" What a great guy!! He is the first person in Iowa that we brought into the Dooley Gang so be sure to look for his purple arm band!! Maybe he'll even have some of that wonderful plum wine!!!!! You folks have a great weekend. We'll be thinking about you. Tell Katie Scarlett she rocks!!! I'll be looking for her name associated with #1 Lady Duelist!! Perhaps we can make it to this shoot next year.

I bet that would go good with Nozberry Jam!

I bet that would go good with Nozberry Jam!

I don't know about that. I figure a good whiskey would cut the taste better.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I don't know about that. I figure a good whiskey would cut the taste better.

I BE BRININ' ALONG SOME OF THE FINEST SIPPIN' STUFF THERE IS. :D

"AMERICAN HONEY" :wub::D:wacko:

JUST ASK THE "NOZBERRRY" :ph34r:

:blush:

What is Fannie bringing to POP?

Good thinkin Fingers. I'll bring the Bulleit Bourbon!

And I will have a sample of Powers Irish for you, too.

Good thinkin Fingers. I'll bring the Bulleit Bourbon!

I been eyeing that. I'll have to have a sample.

As I was a wandering thru the wilds of WallyWorld yesterday I espied a package of "Shooters" glasses. I shall procure a selection, for sampling purposes only, of course.

I sahll also bring a sample of a nice Volpolicella I made recently.

You Kansas City locals be thinking of a restaurant for Friday night.

Oh boy, Oh Boy, OH BOY..................... Only one and a wake-up left til PoP. Gonna pack the wagon today & set out tomorrow round noonish.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) mcGee

Oh boy, Oh Boy, OH BOY..................... Only one and a wake-up left til PoP. Gonna pack the wagon today & set out tomorrow round noonish.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) mcGee

FINGERS,

SAVE A PLACE IN THE "ALAMO" SALOON FOR US.

WE'LL BE IN AFTER TWELVEISH ON FRIDAYISH

BYISH

:D

Noz,

You bring the glassware, I'll bring the Bulleit.

Alamo,

Fannie is pickin me up from work around noonish on Friday. Save me a spot!

Fingers,

I picked up yer shootin irons from Snicklefritz while I was pickin up my new shootin irons.

Doc Hurd (Blackie),

Git yer game face on.

The rest of ya's,

Git ready for sum FUN! :D

Spots are saved.......................

or at least will be when I get there.............................,

as long as I get there in time to save the spots......................;

but there's no reason to think that I won't get there in time to save spots for everyone................................,

assuming everyone wants a spot saved................................,

I think :D

Fingers (what's not sure about anything right now - except One and a Wake-up til POP .) McGee

You're going to just love Chili Pepper Kid. He shoots here with the Goddard Cowboys and is a great asset to our group. He'll probably be in "Hillbilly mode!" What a great guy!! He is the first person in Iowa that we brought into the Dooley Gang so be sure to look for his purple arm band!! Maybe he'll even have some of that wonderful plum wine!!!!!

You folks have a great weekend. We'll be thinking about you. Tell Katie Scarlett she rocks!!! I'll be looking for her name associated with #1 Lady Duelist!! Perhaps we can make it to this shoot next year.

Granny....brace yoreself....ya sittin down....my want ta have Blacksmith Hoss near by in case ya swoon. The winery where I got that Plum Wine closed!!!. I will make it my mission in life ta find sum more in the Amana's.

CPK

Granny....brace yoreself....ya sittin down....my want ta have Blacksmith Hoss near by in case ya swoon. The winery where I got that Plum Wine from closed!!!. I will make it my mission in life ta find sum more in the Amana's.

CPK

OH NO!!!! WHATEVER WILL BLACKSMITH DO???!!!??? That is the only kind of wine that he has ever had that he liked! I, however, am not nearly that picky!!! :D

OH NO!!!! WHATEVER WILL BLACKSMITH DO???!!!??? That is the only kind of wine that he has ever had that he liked! I, however, am not nearly that picky!!! :D

Aha...Blacksmith & I need ta go to the Amana Winery's fer a tasteing road trip.... Kin ya spare him fer a week er twaa.

CPK

Granny Annie I wish you were going to be a POP too. It would be great to shoot with you again. I have been working on that Port of arms with riffle. Hope I remember to do it at shoot. I think shooting with you was great. I don't think any other Lady Dualist are going to be a POP. I will try to hold up our honor all alone.

I won't be having any of Blacksmith Hoss'es favorite plum wine. I won't have it said I drank his last chance.

Granny Annie I wish you were going to be a POP too. It would be great to shoot with you again. I have been working on that Port of arms with riffle. Hope I remember to do it at shoot. I think shooting with you was great. I don't think any other Lady Dualist are going to be a POP. I will try to hold up our honor all alone.

I won't be having any of Blacksmith Hoss'es favorite plum wine. I won't have it said I drank his last chance.

Katie hon hoz aboot sum blackberry wine???

Chili Pepper Kid

Chili Pepper -- I don't know if I can spare him for a couple days. How bouts we all go?? I could quality check the wine before Blacksmith because he is so particular.

Now don't you be spoilin' Katie with to much wine!!!! Lady Duelists are hard to come by up in these parts and she's one of the finest I've met in a long time! I really don't understand why I don't see a purple arm band on her. Better talk to Omaha John about that cause she and Doc are great candidates for the Dooley Gang.

And Katie -- don't let anyone take wine related pictures cause Chili Pepper will blackmail you with them! :D If I was you I'd drink that plum wine if I got the chance. Blacksmith is more than content with beer!

I'm also sending you a PM about the rifle tip.

Wish we could be there. Sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BE BRININ' ALONG SOME OF THE FINEST SIPPIN' STUFF THERE IS. :D

"AMERICAN HONEY" :wub::D:wacko:

JUST ASK THE "NOZBERRRY" :ph34r:

Noz berry wine? lol... I wonder if you could sell that... What a great name.. SASS'S own Nozberry wine.. lol

Noz berry wine? lol... I wonder if you could sell that... What a great name.. SASS'S own Nozberry wine.. lol

UNFORTUNATELY, THE SEED'S ARE KILLER'S. THE GET STUCK EVERYWHERE :D

TOMORROW, IS ALMOST HERE.

On my way to WallyWorld for the shooters glasses. I gots 2 bottles of Valpolicella loaded. Plus some ancillary bottles of stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if there is time for shooting this weekend.

Nozberry would not sell. It's kind sour at times and certain contains way too many calories.

Nozberry would not sell. It's kind sour at times and certain contains way too many calories.

Maybe it's an aging issue.

Wines with some aging potential

A guideline provided by Master of Wine Jancis Robinson. Note that vintage, wine region and winemaking style can influence a wine's aging potential so Robinson's suggestion of years are very rough estimates of the most common examples of these wines.[2]

Botrytized wines (5–25 yrs)

Chardonnay (2–6 yrs)

Riesling (2–30 yrs)

Hungarian Furmint (3–25 yrs)

Loire Valley Chenin blanc (4–30 yrs)

Hunter Valley Semillon (6–15 yrs)

Cabernet Sauvignon (4–20 yrs)

Merlot (2–10 yrs)

Nebbiolo (4–20 yrs)

Pinot noir (2–8 yrs)

Sangiovese (2–8 yrs)

Syrah (4–16 yrs)

Zinfandel (2–6 yrs)

Classified Bordeaux (8–25 yrs)

Grand Cru Burgundy (8–25 yrs)

Aglianico from Taurasi (4–15 yrs)

Baga from Bairrada (4–8 yrs)

Hungarian Kadarka (3–7 yrs)

Bulgarian Melnik (3–7 yrs)

Croatian Plavac Mali (4–8 yrs)

Russian Saperavi (3–10 yrs)

Madiran Tannat (4–12 yrs)

Spanish Tempranillo (2–8 yrs)

Greek Xynomavro (4–10 yrs)

Don't see NOZBERRY on the list. Must not be any potential there! :D

Bottle sickness

One of the short-term aging needs of wine is a period where the wine is considered "sick" due to the trauma and volatility of the bottling experience. During bottling some oxygen is exposed to the wine, causing a domino effect of chemical reaction with various components of the wine. The time it takes for the wine to settle down and have the oxygen fully dissolve and integrate with the wine is considered its period of "bottle shock". During this time the wine could taste drastically different than it did prior to bottling or how it will taste after the wine has settled. While many modern bottling lines try to treat the wine as gently as possible and utilize inert gases to minimize the amount of oxygen exposure, all wine goes through some period of bottle shock. The length of this period will vary with each individual wine.

He's SICK alright! :blush:

Dumb phase

During the course of aging a wine may slip into a "dumb phase" where its aromas and flavors are very muted. In Bordeaux this phase is called the age ingrat or "difficult age" and is likened to a teenager going through adolescence. The cause or length of time that this "dumb phase" will last is not yet fully understood and seems to vary from bottle to bottle.

Draw yer own conclusions on this one! :ph34r:

NOZ ---- WE LOVE YA, MAN! :wub:

Maybe it's an aging issue.

Wines with some aging potential

A guideline provided by Master of Wine Jancis Robinson. Note that vintage, wine region and winemaking style can influence a wine's aging potential so Robinson's suggestion of years are very rough estimates of the most common examples of these wines.[2]

Botrytized wines (5–25 yrs)

Chardonnay (2–6 yrs)

Riesling (2–30 yrs)

Hungarian Furmint (3–25 yrs)

Loire Valley Chenin blanc (4–30 yrs)

Hunter Valley Semillon (6–15 yrs)

Cabernet Sauvignon (4–20 yrs)

Merlot (2–10 yrs)

Nebbiolo (4–20 yrs)

Pinot noir (2–8 yrs)

Sangiovese (2–8 yrs)

Syrah (4–16 yrs)

Zinfandel (2–6 yrs)

Classified Bordeaux (8–25 yrs)

Grand Cru Burgundy (8–25 yrs)

Aglianico from Taurasi (4–15 yrs)

Baga from Bairrada (4–8 yrs)

Hungarian Kadarka (3–7 yrs)

Bulgarian Melnik (3–7 yrs)

Croatian Plavac Mali (4–8 yrs)

Russian Saperavi (3–10 yrs)

Madiran Tannat (4–12 yrs)

Spanish Tempranillo (2–8 yrs)

Greek Xynomavro (4–10 yrs)

Don't see NOZBERRY on the list. Must not be any potential there! :D

Bottle sickness

One of the short-term aging needs of wine is a period where the wine is considered "sick" due to the trauma and volatility of the bottling experience. During bottling some oxygen is exposed to the wine, causing a domino effect of chemical reaction with various components of the wine. The time it takes for the wine to settle down and have the oxygen fully dissolve and integrate with the wine is considered its period of "bottle shock". During this time the wine could taste drastically different than it did prior to bottling or how it will taste after the wine has settled. While many modern bottling lines try to treat the wine as gently as possible and utilize inert gases to minimize the amount of oxygen exposure, all wine goes through some period of bottle shock. The length of this period will vary with each individual wine.

He's SICK alright! :blush:

Dumb phase

During the course of aging a wine may slip into a "dumb phase" where its aromas and flavors are very muted. In Bordeaux this phase is called the age ingrat or "difficult age" and is likened to a teenager going through adolescence. The cause or length of time that this "dumb phase" will last is not yet fully understood and seems to vary from bottle to bottle.

Draw yer own conclusions on this one! :ph34r:

NOZ ---- WE LOVE YA, MAN! :wub:

Then there's the final phase when the wine has been aged too long...........................

It's called VINEGAR!!!!!

As far as wine, I have not found one that I could drink much of. My Grandpa made wine, his favorite was watermelon rine, and wild plum. I have his recipe but not a taste for it.

I think I should stick Titus's burbon! That is very smooooooth. I am looking forward to seeing everyone sampling. Honey, Nozberr, plum wine, and burbon. Remember Honkey tonk in coming to take film of all this. Everyone may need to print out the 5th now! That way you won't have to remember it. Just hold it up.

See everyone soon!

Granny I got your pm. I am trying to!

Unfortunately, it will be all too short.

In the aging list I saw no reference to anything in the over 70 category.

Bummer, I only was able to get 4 shooters. Somebody's going to be drinking out of plastic.

Unfortunately, it will be all too short.

In the aging list I saw no reference to anything in the over 70 category.

Bummer, I only was able to get 4 shooters. Somebody's going to be drinking out of plastic.

IT'S OK, THE GREAT NOZ

JOHN LEE & ALAMO WILL BRING THEIR OWN.

GOT'S TA GET A KANSAS ONE ANYWAY.

CHEER'S :D

Archived