SASS Wire Forum

2010 Prince of the Pistoleers

KC Colt, SASS #69404

The Powder Creek Cowboys 6th annual Prince of the Pistoleers annual match is fast approaching and is filling up mighty quit. If you are thinking about it then get that registration form in PDQ.

When: June 11-13, 2010

Where: Powder Creek Cowboys, Lenexa KS

http://www.powdercreek.com/map.html

Cowboy Action Shooting at one of the finest cowboy shooting parks in the territory

The theme for this year's POP will be Lonesome Dove. Again, lots of fun stages as Gus & Woodrow drive a heard to Montana. Dig out the movie, re-read the book. You will want to be able to do more than talk some philosophy to ride with these boys. What will be required here are some good ole "Texas Rangering" skills.

The Powder Creek Cowboys Cowboy Action Shooting Range is located in Lenexa, KS formerly known as Monticello Township, which served as a key stagecoach stop between Lawrence, Westport and Fort Leavenworth. It was here that 21 year old James Butler Hickok, later known as "Wild Bill", filed claim to 160 acres of prime farming land and was elected Town Constable in 1858.

Friday:Warm Up & Side Events, plus Cowboy Trap and Skeet

Saturday and Sunday: 5 Main Match Stages each day

Friday will also feature the Prince of Pistoleers precision revolver side match. You will shoot simulations of five of Wild Bill’s best demos for competition. These include shooting out a candle flame, shooting a silver dollar, shooting five corks from five bottles, shooting the ace of spades, and shooting a bullseye. We need some good shooters to give Tame Bill a run for his money this year.

Great Meals:

Friday: Lunch at the Range ($5 per person)

Saturday: Lunch at the Range and Banquet Dinner (included in match fee)

Sunday: Breakfast and Lunch at the Range (included in match fee)

And we will have Cowboy Church on Sunday.

The info:

http://www.powdercreekcowboys.org/pop2010.html

Your pard,

KC

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And we do fill special requests.

Alamo - Your "posse with" request list of 9 other shooters is no problemo. I think I will be on your posse too. What a hoot it will be shooting with you guys.

KC

THANKS FOR YOU HELP, COMPADRE

LOOKIN' FORWARD TO MY FIRST TIME AT YOUR RANGE.

ALSO, LOOKIN' FORWARD TO A DRINK, EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE COKE, IN THE

"ALAMO SALOON".

SEE YA ALL, SOON.

:blink:

"SHOOT FAST, LIVE SLOW"

Save me a spot, the checks in the mail. If Alamo is gonna be there and there is drinking allowed, then I want some more of his wild Turkey Honey.

I wouldn't mind being on that posse, too.

Save me a spot, the checks in the mail. If Alamo is gonna be there and there is drinking allowed, then I want some more of his wild Turkey Honey.

HIC

O TA

:blink:

"SHOOT FAST, LIVE SLOW"

So Noz will now be posse-d with John Lee, Taquila Tab, Coyote Kid & Adie Bell, Hot Dawg Hondo & Sassie Phire, Titus A. Natsass & Fannie Kicker, Elorado Wayne, Renegade Slim & Aspen Ali and of course the Alamo Kid. And maybe KC Colt. I think this posse is FULL or close to it. And it should be one h3ll of a fun posse.

Is it June yet?

KC

KC, My check is in the mail too. If there's still room on Alamo's Posse, add me too.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Add Fingers and that's a wunnerful posse. I can taste the honey now.

KC, Idon't see Lefty Mills, Cap Horn or Granger Grannie on our posse. They were supposed to be with Coyote Kid, Adie Belle, Hot Dawg Honndo, Sassy Phire, Renegade Slim, Aspen Ali and Eldorado.

Thanks, Coyote Kid

KC, Idon't see Lefty Mills, Cap Horn or Granger Grannie on our posse. They were supposed to be with Coyote Kid, Adie Belle, Hot Dawg Honndo, Sassy Phire, Renegade Slim, Aspen Ali and Eldorado.

Thanks, Coyote Kid

Noted and will correct the posse list(s). This one might be just about FULL.

KC

Well, fiddle dee dee Snot Rag! I thought for sure you'd want to shoot with me. :blink:

See ya at the range!

Chantilly

Hope I didn't procrastiate too long. Will post app tomorrow.

Looking forward to shooting with ya.

Chili Pepper Kid

Hope I didn't procrastiate too long. Will post app tomorrow.

Looking forward to shooting with ya.

Chili Pepper Kid

Kid-

Saving a spot for you.

After this weekend I expect we will at 75 shooters out of 100 spots avail. So we have room...but it is starting to fill up fast. And it will be an awesome shoot.

KC

Kid-

Saving a spot for you.

After this weekend I expect we will at 75 shooters out of 100 spots avail. So we have room...but it is starting to fill up fast. And it will be an awesome shoot.

KC

Howdy K C

How did you like your ammo box?

Trego Kid

Howdy K C

How did you like your ammo box?

Trego Kid

Howdy Trego.

I heard from Noble that my new box is FIRST CLASS and really pretty too. I get to take possession of it in 10 days at our shoot on the 2nd Saturday. I am really excited to see it. Seems the older I get the more fragile I get....darn elbow. PM your address to me so I can get you some gold dust on the next stage coach.

I am thinking about coming out there in October and show the Trego Kid how to shoot really fast... :blink: It is the Preacher I have to worry about I am afraid.

I missed seeing you guys at LR this year. Hope you had a good match.

And say Hey to Annie for me. I missed her way more than you. B)

KC

Well, fiddle dee dee Snot Rag! I thought for sure you'd want to shoot with me. :blink:

See ya at the range!

Chantilly

I didn't know you was a comin? Besides, Me and Alamo got a thing going. I'm easily bribed.

I didn't know you was a comin? Besides, Me and Alamo got a thing going. I'm easily bribed.

WHAT A MINUTE, NOZ

YOUR PICKIN' ME OVER :blink: CHANTILLY ???????

THERE AIN'T ENOUGH "AMERICAN HONEY" IN THE WHOLE WORLD, TA MAKE

ME AS CUTE :D AS SHE IS.

YA NEED TA GET A DIFFERANT PIN-UP.

IF'N WE DON'T HAVE FUN, THEN WE'RE DOIN' IT WRONG.

B)

"SHOOT FAST, LIVE SLOW"

WHAT A MINUTE, NOZ

YOUR PICKIN' ME OVER :blink: CHANTILLY ???????

THERE AIN'T ENOUGH "AMERICAN HONEY" IN THE WHOLE WORLD, TA MAKE

ME AS CUTE :D AS SHE IS.

YA NEED TA GET A DIFFERANT PIN-UP.

IF'N WE DON'T HAVE FUN, THEN WE'RE DOIN' IT WRONG.

B)

"SHOOT FAST, LIVE SLOW"

But, Alamo, she don't carry a bottle!

And if she's around she gives me so much crap that I really have to try hard to shoot good. If'n it's you then Who Cares?

The heck with Alamo, I'll shoot with ya. :blink::D

Me too! B)

FIngers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Ya just might be surprised what she might have hidden away in all them ruffles and frilly things she wears! :blink:

All I know for sure is the "SHE CAN TALK!!!"

Upon further reflection, I must admit that she is not as loud as she used to be. Simple physics! Ain't near as much Chantilly as there used to be so a little gal can't yell as loud as a big gal.

Howdy Trego.

I heard from Noble that my new box is FIRST CLASS and really pretty too. I get to take possession of it in 10 days at our shoot on the 2nd Saturday. I am really excited to see it. Seems the older I get the more fragile I get....darn elbow. PM your address to me so I can get you some gold dust on the next stage coach.

I am thinking about coming out there in October and show the Trego Kid how to shoot really fast... :blink: It is the Preacher I have to worry about I am afraid.

I missed seeing you guys at LR this year. Hope you had a good match.

And say Hey to Annie for me. I missed her way more than you. B)

KC

KC,

It is indeed. I can also attest to that. Good to see you (Trego) and Duces at Land Run.

-Pecos

Hi KC;

I learned tonight that I can come! Put me where you need me.

Hard stuff is going in the mail tonight.

J-Bar

(By the way, Noz and Fingers, I have a surprise for you)

Hi KC;

I learned tonight that I can come! Put me where you need me.

Hard stuff is going in the mail tonight.

J-Bar

(By the way, Noz and Fingers, I have a surprise for you)

GLAD TO HEAR THAT! Lookin forward ta sharin the Bulleit Bourbon wit ya.

GLAD TO HEAR THAT! Lookin forward ta sharin the Bulleit Bourbon wit ya.

I will bring some Powers Irish to the table.

This could be a great match!! :lol:

Ohh my Bulleit Bourbon. Hav'n a wee sip meownself right now.

CPK

Lookin forward ta meetin you, CPK. It's always fun puttin faces to the names from here on the Wire. As for the Bulleit, I'm goin easy on it tonite. Fannie Kicker and I are headin out in the mornin for Badlands Bar 3. Gonna shoot with our Texas compadres this weekend. The Dooley Gang had to hit the road right after the shootin stopped and before the Awards were handed out last weekend at the Midwest Classic. We've gotta deliver Honey B., Nuttin's and T-Bone's plaques and buckles to them. YEE HAW, it's gonna be a fun weekend!

Archived