SASS Wire Forum

Buying firearm at EoT?

Dantankerous

I am planning on buying a new firearm or two at EoT this year. If a person does buy, and more specifically buys from an EoT vendor, can said pard try out the new gun on the range anywhere? It seems a shame to have to wait until ya git home with the new gun to try it out, especially after driving all that way and spending a fair chunk of cash... ya know?

Thanks.

Dan

Since you're not a resident of New Mexico you may not be able to take possession of your new firearm there. The vendor may have to ship it to your FFL in Kansas and you pick it up there. Might look into that.

Last year at EoT I was told by a couple different firearms vendors that I have to have handguns shipped to my FFL but I can take immediate possession of long guns. But as I look over New Mexico firearms purchasing laws it seems as if that is not the case. Only non residents from states contiguous to New Mexico can buy in New Mexico. That bums me out, I was hoping for a great shopping experience at EoT this year.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a licensed NM FFL at EOT all the time this year. Jack Diamond even has a shop in the Belle Union, watch for his shingle. He should also have a bunch of EMF guns that he is dealing at EOT. Most likely you can work out some arrangement with any vendor to test fire a gun before you buy it. Conventioneer bays will support shooting from early morning until 5PM. Ammo will be available at EOT for most common calibers. So, yep, there probably is a way to do just about anything you want, except drive away from NM with the guns, unless you are a contiguous state long gun purchaser. So, get the name and phone number of the FFL on your own end who can receive the firearms for you, bring that info with you to EOT, and the rest will be very doable.

If you want to plan this through Jack, give him a call at (505) 888-4633.

Good luck, GJ

• 1 year later...

I live in Florida, and was able to buy a shotgun and take possession after the required paperwork. Took about 20 minutes. Of course I tried it out after I bought it.....during the main match.

Ned Whiskey

If you cannot shoot your new firearm at Founders Ranch you could take it to one of the public ranges in Albuquerque for testing. However, the ranges are about 40-50 miles from FR. This is probably too much hassle if you want to shoot your firearm for fun but might be a good idea if you want to cheeck your guns for proper functioning. (Defective firearms do get sold by vendors.) Calibers Indoor Shooting Range is on the north end of Albuquerque just off I-25. The Albuquerque City Shooting Range is located west of the city, north of I-25. Calibers does not allow firing of black powder since it clogs their air filtration system.

Jack Diamond (Diamond D Gunsmith) is no longer located in the back of the Bell Union He now has a new Building along with EMF in the Center of Town can't miss it.

Bighorn

P.S. If yoy are a Conventioneer or Registered Shooter you can use the Conventioneer Stage.

Archived