SASS Wire Forum

Waddies wanted

FancyFree#23612L

:wacko: It's that time of year again. ^_^

Who is thinking about coming to EOT as a Waddie?

I can promise you some good times and lots of fun people.

Also some hard work, some really easy. :FlagAm:

There is always something to be done, and Waddies "Get er DONE"

Footloose, Twinkie and I are already signed up, so who else is comin?

Fancy Free, I'm planning on making it there, though my arrival date is tentative right now. My broken legs are finally healed to where I can walk and stand now.

Willamette Kid

:blink: It's that time of year again. :blush:

Who is thinking about coming to EOT as a Waddie?

I can promise you some good times and lots of fun people.

Also some hard work, some really easy. :blink:

There is always something to be done, and Waddies "Get er DONE"

Footloose, Twinkie and I are already signed up, so who else is comin?

• 3 weeks later...
:) Howdy Fancy Free, I'm coming back this year. I had to stay home the last couple years because my wife became bed ridden and I had to take care of her. She past this last Sept. and I know she would want me doing something I really injoy and that is coming to EOT. I'm going to be a little slow geeting there because I'm going to help out at the Revenge of Montezuma the weekend before but I'll be there as soon as I can. Riding Horses is never DULL! Sgt. Johnny Lee

Willamette, You WILL NOT be on a ladder this year!

That is a promise B)

Sgt. I'm sorry to hear about you wife, :ph34r: but at the same time I'm glad you'll be joining us again. You were missed. ;)

Is it June yet?????

Lt. Daniel, I have the stove, 2 dishpans, 1 big coffe pot for heating the water and something new his year, An ironstone ice tea jug with stand. It will hold about 2 gallons of either ice tea or lemonade. It even has a push button dispencer.

Anything else you can think of?

Either let me know here or drop me an email.

Guest Tom Muley

I'm thinking about it, might bring my coffee and Dutch ovens..................was waitin' to here somethun from BigHorn.

Howdy,

I am a very new member (although I have been interested and following SASS almost from the beginning) and, as yet have not acquired all my guns and equipment to participate fully. Also, I have not as yet joined a local affiliated club; but did take the opportunity to attend two weekend matches where members willingly loaned thier guns and allowed me to try a stage or two.

When I read the article in the "Cowboy Chronicle" about "Waddies" needed at End of Trail; I was interested in applying.

It occured that it would be a great way to participate and enjoy End of Trail even though I am not yet an active or competative shooter so far.

I am just recovering from foot surgery and will be fully recovered by June and the date of End of Trail. I am, otherwise, very healthy and quite strong for an old guy, even if I do say so myself! Am able to do most any physical work and have experience as a horse wrangler and trail guide; hold a current Commercial Driver's License with a passenger endorsement,

and when the light is just right.......am almost handsome......

Wish to mention my wife here; as well, although not a SASS member, she accompanies me and would be happy to fill a "Waddie" position also, if permitted.

Please let us know what we must do next and how we can help. Thank you

Hi Tom, Hope you hear from BigHorn soon, We wold LOVE to see you again :rolleyes::unsure:

Teddy Blue, just go to the Home page and click on the End of Trail Logo and fill out the Waddie form. That's pretty much it. ;)

Hope to see ya there.

Talked with Tom Mule last night and he will be at EOT from about the 16th or 17th and will be doing some Dutch Oven cooking. We will have the Chuck Wagon ready, Tom said he will have lots of Coffee.

Bighorn

I'm in again this year, trying to pour hot beer fast!!! I plan to shoot and bartend ifin you'll have me back Fancy.

Ten High :rolleyes:

Hay there Fancy, how are ya' feelin'? Katie, the boy and I are planning on being there. Things are a bit out of sorts for us at the moment as I've been out of a job for a while now and trying to make ends meet. We'll just have to play things by ear, but I'd figure you'll see us all there. I can't let Bighorn down by not showin' up, I'd never here the end of it.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fancy, I'm sure that WT Clifton& Linda Darlin' will be there and I think Kill Devil may help me at the bar!

Looking forword to getting my hug.

Ten High

• 2 weeks later...
:huh: Howdy Fancy Free, I'm coming back this year. I had to stay home the last couple years because my wife became bed ridden and I had to take care of her. She past this last Sept. and I know she would want me doing something I really injoy and that is coming to EOT. I'm going to be a little slow geeting there because I'm going to help out at the Revenge of Montezuma the weekend before but I'll be there as soon as I can. Riding Horses is never DULL! Sgt. Johnny Lee

Sgt. Johnny,

I lost my wife in March of last year. You are right! She would have wanted you to continue with SASS and your passions.

Going to EOT in June of 2009 basically kept me sane and my mind off the loss of my wife. Hope to meet you this year.

Willamette Kid #2625

Guest Tom Muley

Since I'm doing the chuck wagon cooking operations, is there anything special you would like?

I'm looking for ideas and putting a list together. This will be fun and entertaining.

What else should I bring?

I'm with Bighorn. Biscuits, Bacon and Peach Cobbler. I'll be there for breakfast!

TH

• 2 weeks later...

Fancy, Shale rider and I look forward to seeing you soon if we get this durn tent trailer dragged down there to EOT. Yeeha. Valley rider

• 10 months later...

Fancy, Shale rider and I are heading to San Antonio to see our daughter and will checkin for duty at EOT on the way back. see you then. Valley Rider

Hi Fancy Free, My wife, Arizona Scalper, and I have signed up for waddie duty at EOT. We are both very new to SASS, we have never even shot at a match. Should we expect to hear from anyone about this or do we just show up for work? We are looking forward to helping out and hopefully making new friends.

Comanche Dave

Comanche Dave, you will receive a conformation from SASS, but it may take a bit.

You should get a letter,closer to EOT with all the information as to where you will be assigned (which may change) and such.

Thanks for signing up and welcome! :)

Valley Rider and Shale Rider, glad to have you back again.

See ya soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hay, there Fancy......

Just got around to formally sending in my Waddie application (maybe they won't accept me... :wacko: ). Katie, Critter and I will roll in on the 17th if all goes as planned. The boy really wants to Waddie where he can again this year to help out, so put him and Katie on the list as well. Be thinking about what you can use him for (he'd make a good general runner for things).

Hope all is well with you and the rest of the family.

Hank

Archived