SASS Wire Forum

Calling All Dammits

Is there going to be another tribute besides WR at the Cowboys Feb. 4th Sun. shoot? Pepper mentioned one to me --mebe here--at night black powder? I read the posts above but it's a li'l confusing.

Info is under the Tribute to LayLow thread, CupCake.

Wimpy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Info is under the Tribute to LayLow thread, CupCake.

Wimpy

ok tnx found it--read it before but dint reply---so I lost it :huh:

Let's see.

Main Match stuff. Check.

Side match stuff. Check.

Night shoot stuff. Check.

Cell phone. Check.

Silly outfit. Check.

Plainsman outfit. Check.

Glow in dark Dammit Gang shirt. Check

Camera. Check.

Dodge Hilton stuff. Check.

Stampede string. Check. .......thanks Ethan Cord, it will bring me luck.

Rain gear.Check.

Special Dammit badge to honor LLC-D.Check

Big appetite. Check.

Second mortgage to pay for gas. Check

Ready for big time fun. Check.

Headin' east Tuesday morning.

only thing missing is Nascar tickets for Sundays 600 race.

Stretch Dammit, Cranky Dammit got a good looking 2nd place trophy in Lady Frontier Cart. First was Half a Hand Henri, who BTW should be a dammit too. We will get her to fire one BP cartridge downrange before long.

Frontiersman was thick with Dammits, but one for sure shot a clean match. That was Shakeyspear Dammit. I don't know how you can shoot BP and shoot clean, but he pulled it off.

There was a gazillion Dammits there and the night shoot was awesome and a finale of about 200 rounds of 45-70 from a gatling gun to decimate the city of Atlanta. Surely pictures to follow.

Professor Cubby Bear Dammit, said some great words before we lined up with shotguns and fired a salute to LayLow Curley. There was tears in our eyes and it wasn't from the smoke either dammit. There will be campfire tails come the memorial shoot at The Cowboys next month.

Howdy Howdy,

Glad to hear it was a good show.

As I won't be at The Cowboys, would some of the pards share some of the stories here? :unsure:

:wub:

Allie Mo

No E Dammit, I plan to shoot a special round off in your name to salute LayLow Curley at Norco next month. I can't remember Professor Cubby Bears eulogy to our fearless leader, but it had to do with night shooting getting set up in heaven by LLC-D and everything will be in place for when we get there and then let the fun resume in heaven.

Dammit, those were some fine words and I wish I could remember them. The Prof. as usual was citing the words off the cuff and probably they were never written down by him either, but it was a glorious salute as the city of Atlanta burned. Since I sent off a couple rounds I could not get a picture of that, but maybe a pic or two will surface. There was a dandy crowd at the BP nite shoot and it was great fun and a super way to burn off BP at night.

Also, I see I spellt tales wrong, but I am not fully back home. I left my heart at Winter Range. It was a fabulous time and no rain fell on us either. You actually could not have asked for better weather. Well maybe a tad more breeze would help us BP shooters see the targets a bit better. Good excuse though. I am using it.:)

Thank you Howdy!

I appreciate it! Make it colorful, please.

:wub:

No E - D!

Heh, heh. Will do sister, will do. I plan to write your Dammit name on the shell and fire it off. Any other Dammit that can't make it, let me know and I will write your name on a shell and get somebody to shoot it at the salute. I plan on making up enough Doodymite to light the sky in honor of our good friend and leader. I am guessing I can get more than a few interested in shooting off some Doodymite. Ed liked that stuff.

No E Dammit, I plan to shoot a special round off in your name to salute LayLow Curley at Norco next month. I can't remember Professor Cubby Bears eulogy to our fearless leader, but it had to do with night shooting getting set up in heaven by LLC-D and everything will be in place for when we get there and then let the fun resume in heaven.

askin' a special favor Doody-D and M. Phil-- I would like to shoot one round off for LLC at the TC shoot. Will one of ya help me, please? I have a really short thing to say, too.

I'm a coming Marshal Phil and I am bringing Big Medicine to light up the night. I'll bring a sissy little 12 gauge for someone else who wants to shoot into the night. I'll second the praise for the Professor and his salute to LLC, it turned out far better than I had hoped. We even had some Dooleys there to share the salute to our fallen leader.

Yummy D,

Of course we will help in any way we can. If I can remember I will make up a special load for you, lots of fire, little kick. ;) I'm sure we can arrange for everybody to say a little something, not sure when, but I'm sure JJJ has something in mind.

Shakeyspeare Dammit,

Very happy to hear you are coming down for the tribute. I'm hoping we can talk the Professeor into sharing his verbal magic at our gathering as well. I'm really hoping he'll put it into words for our website.

Marshal it sounds like you will be able to help out Yummy-D, but I will also make up some mild light loads for any other folks that don't want to fire off a bazooka load.

Again, anyone that can't make it, let me know and I will write your name on a hull and get it fired off in a shotgun salute.

We need to see if we can get Prof Cubby Bears words written down. He did that tribute at Winter Range off the cuff and it was so touching and so cowboy too. That pard has a way with words for sure. I only wish I could remember them, but maybe Shakeyspear can recall them and if he wants to get them written, I can give him the good prof. email addy so they can get that for all to read. It was short and it had feelings that all Dammits can appreciate. I am sure Pepper would like to read them too.

I am looking forward to the tribute at Norco too. If I ever get my guns all cleaned up from WR, I will start in on some Doodymite. I did notice that Quigleys Laurie got an awfully awesome shot of a Doodymite pistol load that had it all, sparks, ball of flame and flame shooting out of the cylinder gap. (guess I better get those pistols tightened up a tad). I just might have to get that picture. It even impressed me. :D

I made it home.

First, the most memorable line I remember from the Professor was: If there is a night in heaven then with LayLow there there are night shoots. I don't think we could have had a better person address the crowd.

My posse had something like 5 Frontiersmen. 2 FCs and me at FCD out of 20, a pretty smokey group.

I made one of them, Mike Fink from Michigan, a Dammit. He's traveling without a computer for awhile yet, so I will post something to him on the Wire later this week with some info and he will contact us maybe here or at the website.

I'm exhausted! Shot the Sunday part of Fire and Ice. It was all Ice and no Fire, a cold and miserably wet morning, on the first stage I literally could not get my thumb to function and work the hammer it was so cold. Someone took pity on me and loaned me a hand warmer. Went to Dillon to apply for a job..... as the screener of the models for the calendars. They said no, so took a tour and bought stuff. Went to Cabella's to look for stuff, and found stuff. Bought stuff from vendors at the shoot. Stuff happens, I guess.

A nice trip, but good to be home. See you at The Cowboys!

Glad to hear you made it back home safely Trainwreck. There is another storm coming in tonight that will wash the dust off again.

Yup, that was one of the lines Cubby used. I can't remember too much specifically but it was absolutely great, and off the cuff too. He only had a short bit to come up with the words and did wonderfully. I was going to do the announcement but when I saw Cubby, I knew I had the right man for the job. He didn't shirk his responisibilities in any way either. Thank You Cubby for a job well done.

Got word from Cubby Dammit that he will grace us with his presence and he will use his marvelous command of the english language to once again pay tribute to our leader. He also agreed to write it down for us to post on the Dammit Gang Hideout.

Cubby,

We are very grateful for this. Thanks a bunch,

MPDG

I'll have the 10 gauge for you to use at Norco MDJ. It will surely light up the night sky.

There was someone there that had some shotgun loads that I think had some sort of flash powder in them that made a very bright white light. I was working the unloading table and it was, well, dark and I couldn't see who it was. Would like to know what was in it. The shoot format was a bit different and sometimes a bit crowded and difficult to keep track of people....

Howdy can answer that--he be knowin 'bout all dem colors

Trainwreck Dammit, that might have been me, but again there was some pards with some good looking loads firing off into the night. I see Mr. Quigley is starting to put some WR pictures up on their website and I see one of Shakyspear shooting off his big medicine 10ga, a nice one of me firing off a pistol round too. I need to tighten the cylinder gap it looks like. :)

You know the Norco tribute is not that far off. I guess I will hold up on the work on my new guncart and get some night BP loads made up. :D

Yeah, I saw JJ shoot the 10 ga, but these loads were unlike any shotgun loads I've seen before, a lot of very white flash and for the amount of light not much of a bang. Oh well.

Musta been me then. You know how I like to make a spectacle of myself. Did the loads look anything like the picture on the Dammit Gang website. They did? Then you now have your culprit. :D

Hey Ds!

I apologize for changing the subject, NOT! ;)

Hey, y'all we need you to get your applications in for the CA State Wild Bunch Championship and Dry Gulch at Arroyo Cantua. They are April 20-24.

So far, only JJ, Howdy, No E, and Weenie are the only Ds signed up. :unsure:

Come on Dammits, let's make this an E-vent!

Regards,

No E or is it Bev Mo :unsure:

Bev Mo,

Yes, that is your new official dammit name.

I wish I could get up there for this E vent. I just can't get the time off, and don't have the funding for it. I'm sure it's going to be a very fun E vent. I hope you all have fun,

MPDG Dammit

Hey Ds!

I apologize for changing the subject, NOT! ;)

Hey, y'all we need you to get your applications in for the CA State Wild Bunch Championship and Dry Gulch at Arroyo Cantua. They are April 20-24.

So far, only JJ, Howdy, No E, and Weenie are the only Ds signed up. :unsure:

Come on Dammits, let's make this an E-vent!

Regards,

No E or is it Bev Mo :unsure:

Is Jacked Up Dammit (Jack Rojas), Bobcat Brian, or Youngin Dammit signed up? Jacked Up said he was a comin'.

MDJ, they may have been using FFFG. If you watched my Rugers at Three Fingers Night Shoot, they blast white and quick with FFFG. That's why I went back to FFG to get the orange fireball. Round count is 14 so I need to make up some "Special" loads for BIG MEDICINE. Let's see, max load is 3 digits? This is going to be fun.

Hi JJ!

Look here to see who is coming. I did not see those names.

I saw yours :wub:

Regards,

Bev Mo

You're right Bev Mo, I'll get on him rat now. He should be rested up from WR by now.

OK Dammits, there is a new story started for those of you who want to live the trails before Drygulch at Arroyo Cantua. No, I didn't write this one, the mystery man did. Hope you like it. http://dammitganghideout.com/forum/index.php?topic=359.0

Archived