SASS Wire Forum

Calling All Dammits

Looks like there may be a Dammit Gang convention at Chorro on the 5th Sunday cause Howdy Doody is looking to ride west. Lock up yer wimmin' and look out folks.

JJ-D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dad,

Gonna send the "other" kids?

LLC-D

It would be good ta see ya LLC-- I sent a few PMs to Dammits asking about you and did not get any replies gee whiz [takin names for later] ^_^ I wanted to call last weekend [but couldn't find yer number] and come by to bring ya brownies. I guess they were jealous :lol: let me know if you want some.

And here I thought the Dammits were hibernating for the winter :D. I sent LLC an email, haven't heard back yet...

Should be at the 5th Sunday shoot working the kinks out before WR.

No hibernating up here in the north county pard. I been coaxing our wooden headed pard out from under that layer of fog in the valley to come west. If'n he don't show, I might just have to head east and hunt him down (course I do know where he lives). I hear he has been slinging lead (and some bull) over towards Woody.

I hear he has been slinging lead (and some bull) over towards Woody.

Whatcha mean about woody there pard? Road? Head? Huh? and it is not slingin' lead it is loadin' lead. I have brass coming in from all around the globe. Going to the mailbox I have to take a handcart now. :wacko:

Whatcha mean about woody there pard? Road? Head? Huh? and it is not slingin' lead it is loadin' lead. I have brass coming in from all around the globe. Going to the mailbox I have to take a handcart now. :wacko:

:lol: Loading, slinging,it's all the same pard. The Woody part, well fill in the blanks with all the particulars depending on yer mood.

Woody. I've been to Woody, up past 5Dogs some, out there in the boonies. My ex moved up past the boonies to Glenville with my daughter many years ago, so I became acquainted with the area trying to find my way around.

Sorry I won't be able to get down to Thunder Valley, they sure have some interesting categories. I LIKE the idea of using my 45-60 76 as a main match rifle. Might have to get it short stroked though, to be competitive! :D I better call Jim Bowie....

Woody. I've been to Woody, up past 5Dogs some, out there in the boonies. My ex moved up past the boonies to Glenville with my daughter many years ago, so I became acquainted with the area trying to find my way around.That's the place alright

Sorry I won't be able to get down to Thunder Valley, they sure have some interesting categories. I LIKE the idea of using my 45-60 76 as a main match rifle. Might have to get it short stroked though, to be competitive! :D I better call Jim Bowie....I am going to miss shooting there this year too, it is a hoot for sure. Maybe next year MDJ. I like Monte Walsh and Real Cowboy and Plainsman and Outlaw and oh hell, I like them all.

I started a new thread asking that...check it out

JJ sent you 2 PMz

JJJ sent you 1 PM

Hi Folks,

Has anyone heard how Lay Low is doing?

:wub:

No E - D!

Bev Mo - D!

I've been meaning to say... NICE PIC! Hope all is well up there in the Northlands...

tnx JJ

Marshall Phil---sent you a PM

btw: the link is that little number and arrow in the uppermost right corner of the forum page you're on. took me a while to figure it out.

Filthy, The Dog's (however many there are now) Tut, Feelmore, and all the other Dammits. There is going to be a reckoning come tomorrow cause the legendary shootist from Doodyville is headin' this way come morning. Get out the brownies and hide yer wimmin' cause he'll be looking for both. :lol:

JJ-D

Raining off and on over thisaway too. However the fog is gone for a bit and I have actually seen some sunshine rays through the clouds.

Good time to get ammo loaded and that is what todays project has been. See ya all soon.

No E Dammit, I have on my list to send in my app for Arroyo Cantua. Count me in too. :)

We had a good crowd (30 Brave souls) Just George and Full Moon came over from Ridgecrest, Querida & Tres Pinos came from gilroy-ish, Kate and Mescalero came over from Bakersfield. It was a great day, weather was good for the duration of the shoot. Mad Dog Jack and me shot the match clean. Yup, It was a good day.

It was a great day, weather was good for the duration of the shoot. Mad Dog Jack and me shot the match clean. Yup, It was a good day.

All I can say is DAMMIT! It was raining everywhere else in the State. And, there is no way you and Mad Dog Jack shot clean. You may not have missed any targets but there is no way there was anything clean with all that black powder smoke. Yea, I'm jealous DAMMIT!

Clean.... no, I always feel a little like Pigpen while shooting. A little dust seems to collect around me and black shi ,uh, stuff everywhere. But yesterday we didn't miss anything, even with the Three Finger Dutchman heckling us while shooting two handed way he does. We got a little mist for a few minutes was all.

I was just talking to Jailhouse Jim and Howdy Doody at 5Dogs about that yesterday.... I will be there if I can, just not so sure about things right now.

Allie, Howdy and I are working him as best we can. I might could just head down to his house and hook on to his TT to head north with him hogtied up in the back. What's he gonna say? I'll just get the rope off Giddy Up's saddle and go to ropin' and tien'.

IF he doesn't make it, then he is going to have to live life vicariously through the new story. This time though, I'm not writing too much of it. Another storyteller is doing the bulk of the work so I am just a proofreader. Who pray tell is the other storyteller? Yer gonna have to wait till he is ready, it won't be too long after WR, there's your hint.

Allie, Howdy and I are working him as best we can. I might could just head down to his house and hook on to his TT to head north with him hogtied up in the back. What's he gonna say? I'll just get the rope off Giddy Up's saddle and go to ropin' and tien'.

IF he doesn't make it, then he is going to have to live life vicariously through the new story. This time though, I'm not writing too much of it. Another storyteller is doing the bulk of the work so I am just a proofreader. Who pray tell is the other storyteller? Yer gonna have to wait till he is ready, it won't be too long after WR, there's your hint.

Yeah, you can see where the style changed. My guess is the one is no flatlander and hails from my old stompin ground. I could tell he has his brain going overtime, because he has no time for the chit chat stuff.

WR huh? Must be ZZYZX Dammit. :rolleyes:

OK Dammits, I contacted Larsen about having a shotgun salute to our Fearful Leader at the night shoot at Winter Range. He said no problem so even if you don't shoot the night shoot, come on over to salute our pal and later on when the guns are put up, hoist one or more for him.

Jailhouse Jim

OK Dammits, I contacted Larsen about having a shotgun salute to our Fearful Leader at the night shoot at Winter Range. He said no problem so even if you don't shoot the night shoot, come on over to salute our pal and later on when the guns are put up, hoist one or more for him.

Jailhouse Jim

Be sure ta take LOTS of pictures....

This will be the FIRST tribute and it's gotta be recorded!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Be sure ta take LOTS of pictures....

This will be the FIRST tribute and it's gotta be recorded!

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I'll try, that's all I can say. Maybe I can get a short video off my camera.

Is there going to be another tribute besides WR at the Cowboys Feb. 4th Sun. shoot? Pepper mentioned one to me --mebe here--at night black powder? I read the posts above but it's a li'l confusing.

Archived