SASS Wire Forum

Calling All Dammits

Howdy, sounds like I got what you had. Yesterday I thought I was getting better, felt almost human even. Today not so much. Tomorrow if I'm not able to get out I will probably start replying to every post on the Wire and Saloon! THAT ought to cure it...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some nasty stuff going around and there seems to be a spike in Valley Fever in some of the hot spots (Guess what? Coalinga is a hot spot Dammit!)

Hey JJ, stay away from both, some I know have had this crud for almost 2 weeks now, mine a week as of today, but today I feel as about normal as normal gets for me anymore.

Did I read somewhere you and Howdy are contemplating Winter Range in Feb?

Hey JJ, stay away from both, some I know have had this crud for almost 2 weeks now, mine a week as of today, but today I feel as about normal as normal gets for me anymore.

Did I read somewhere you and Howdy are contemplating Winter Range in Feb?

I can stay away from the one but I work in the armpit of Fresno County so I go there daily.

Yes sir my friend, you did read that correctly. Howdy and I are taking the plunge with Jessie and Sawmill leading us along to the fire for the first time. Jack Rojas from up north is going too on his first ride to WR. All of us have sent in our apps and got confirmations for the shoot and camping spots are reserved (I think Howdy is going nomad and traveling from camp to camp in search of the best brownies). :rolleyes: Are you feeling up to the ride? How about LAL and Mad Dog McCoy or anyone else from this neck of the woods?

Jailhouse (counting the days to WR) Jim

We could make W.R. a Dammit Gang invasion. BP night shoot makes it ready made. I got to get loaded for that yet, but I am more than ready to go, even if I have to assemble guns at the range. :rolleyes:

I can stay away from the one but I work in the armpit of Fresno County so I go there daily.

Yes sir my friend, you did read that correctly. Howdy and I are taking the plunge with Jessie and Sawmill leading us along to the fire for the first time. Jack Rojas from up north is going too on his first ride to WR. All of us have sent in our apps and got confirmations for the shoot and camping spots are reserved (I think Howdy is going nomad and traveling from camp to camp in search of the best brownies). :rolleyes: Are you feeling up to the ride? How about LAL and Mad Dog McCoy or anyone else from this neck of the woods?

Jailhouse (counting the days to WR) Jim

Where are you camping? On site there are two places, the shotgun range (McCoy and I stayed there last year) and the other place. Many stayed to the north, over the mountain from the range, that has the closest laundry facilities to the range. I snuck in there.

I am planning on going, things have not changed for the worse much, if any, for awhile for me, so it's time to make plans.

Where are you camping? On site there are two places, the shotgun range (McCoy and I stayed there last year) and the other place. Many stayed to the north, over the mountain from the range, that has the closest laundry facilities to the range. I snuck in there.

I am planning on going, things have not changed for the worse much, if any, for awhile for me, so it's time to make plans.

We are camping at the Clays range on the westside of the facility. I am sure glad to hear your health is holding steady and you know you are welcome to sit at our fire anytime. Hope to see you there pard, McCoy too if he is planning on coming. How about LAL or Cody?

I sent Rocky a pm just before GF to send best wishes on her impending doom :rolleyes:

and she finly answered it last week! :blush: she's doin fine, just occupado these days

is anyone makin eggnog or apple pie? bakin anythin special?

We are camping at the Clays range on the westside of the facility. I am sure glad to hear your health is holding steady and you know you are welcome to sit at our fire anytime. Hope to see you there pard, McCoy too if he is planning on coming. How about LAL or Cody?

I think that's where we were last year, not a bad place at all- power, water and septic, but you do need a vehicle to get stuff to where the shooting is. Now to get my app in.

Cupcake, my baking makes inedible stuff, so I go to the store...

I think that's where we were last year, not a bad place at all- power, water and septic, but you do need a vehicle to get stuff to where the shooting is. Now to get my app in.

Cupcake, my baking makes inedible stuff, so I go to the store...

Yep, that is the place with full hook-ups. The other end only has power and water. Looking at the map and talking to Larsen, it is 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the stages depending on which side of the campground you are on. We have space #48 on the eastside.

I may just take the quad to "Lead" Giddy Up to the gunfightin' then leave him stabled with Cactus Cris. I'll leave the quad in the parking lot for the trail back to camp. Howdy might happen by since he is going Nomad and I can hitch a ride from him too.

is anyone makin eggnog or apple pie? bakin anythin special?

Got fresh oatmeal and raisen cookies on the counter. My "Doomed" wife (30 years in July) must like me this week :wacko: Gonna hit her up for some of her "Family Secret" brownies with the "High Grade" melted on top for Winter Range since CC won't be there. (Don't tell Howdy, let's see if he can sniff them out on his own)

I meant apple pie fer drinkin!

MMmmm High Grade Choklit Slurry :blush: Doody-D isn't around so you'll be safe fer the time bein'

Jess, I was doin errands and stopped into 31 Flavors fer an ice cream and got

GINGERBREAD MAN omg .....I think I'm in love :wacko:

MMmmm High Grade Choklit Slurry :) Doody-D isn't around so you'll be safe fer the time bein'

I have an idea he is already lookin fer more brownies CC. He was still droolin' after I et mine at the Gunfight and tends to bring the subject of brownies up real regular at the hideout.

For sure today would be a good day for baking, if you were so inclined... around here it's not a good day for anything outside except maybe duck hunting.

Now, a gingerbread woman might be interesting...

For sure today would be a good day for baking, if you were so inclined... around here it's not a good day for anything outside except maybe duck hunting.

Now, a gingerbread woman might be interesting...

I spent the better part of the day in the garage prepping rifle brass and watching it rain. It only could have been better if I was watching the brass get processed while sitting in front of the fire with a bottle of Old Overholt.

Came in the house and there was a pan of sugar cookies waiting for some frosting. :FlagAm: Guess I'd better go check one out to see if they are edible for the rest of the family. :blink:

It is your DUTY and OBLIGATION to check out the cookies and make sure they are edible by the rest of your family! It's what fathers do! And remember, this is an ongoing obligation to make a quality control check to make SURE they haven't spoiled.

Rain, rain, rain...

It is your DUTY and OBLIGATION to check out the cookies and make sure they are edible by the rest of your family! It's what fathers do! And remember, this is an ongoing obligation to make a quality control check to make SURE they haven't spoiled.

Rain, rain, rain...

And a job that needs taken care of till they are gone (slipped in and got another tonight to check freshness) Heee heee heeeee

I'm thinkin the ONLY way to make sure your family is safe is to check every single one of them. You never know what might be in any one of them. And I know you love your family and want to protect them, so get on it man!!

All this rain has the seasonal creek that runs under my driveway running pretty good, but nowhere near the record yet (around 18" over the driveway). I'm bored. Christmas shopping done, lousy weather to go out in, can't work on the outside projects, don't bake, can't shoot.... I know! I'll post on the Wire asking which is better, Rugers or Colts. Or light loads or heavy loads. Or which is better, a Ford or a Chevy for towing. And then, after things simmer down a bit ask about far small targets vs close big targets. Yeah! That should liven things up a bit, don'tcha think?

So, anyone have traveling plans for out of your area shoots coming up? Winter Range, things like that?

Mad Dog,

You must really be bored. Here's my input.

Colts (I have both so I can be honest)

Yes

Ford by far, more so now than ever. :)

P.S. Goverment Motors is spending so much time on paying back loans and NOT PAYING TAXES ON THIS YEARS PROFITS, that it has little time to make a better truck or one that even comes close to a Ford.

P.P.S. And Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, Hyndia ARE NOT AMERICAN CARS. I don't give a RAIH where the are "built". Where is thier World Headquarters? That's what kind of car it is.

How about little targets far away. Might make some of them "top shooters" work a little harder.

The only travel plans I have it to travel to Home Depot to buy enough wood for an Ark. I'm tired of this f'in rain :FlagAm:

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
All this rain has the seasonal creek that runs under my driveway running pretty good, but nowhere near the record yet (around 18" over the driveway). I'm bored. Christmas shopping done, lousy weather to go out in, can't work on the outside projects, don't bake, can't shoot.... I know! I'll post on the Wire asking which is better, Rugers or Colts. Or light loads or heavy loads. Or which is better, a Ford or a Chevy for towing. And then, after things simmer down a bit ask about far small targets vs close big targets. Yeah! That should liven things up a bit, don'tcha think?

So, anyone have traveling plans for out of your area shoots coming up? Winter Range, things like that?

Well I am planing on going to So Cal this weekend to visit Ruthless Ruthie but those lightweights at Norco cancelled their match on account of drizzles or some such thing

Colts with big loads shot one handed ('cause that's the way they did it.Ask Bisley Joe) Dammit Beer mugs full of Guinness, Watching Mother Natures car wash cleaning my Non American car. The sounds of my wonderful grandkids bitchin and moanin 'cause they can't go to the beach; The comments I will get when I tell Deb I'm going shooting on Sunday if'n 3 Fingers don't get flooded out.

Keep ya powder dry and have a Happy Ho Ho

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
Winchester Jack,

It's not that we are against shootin in the rain, it's just that it's hard to hit the targets when they are 2ft underwater. :FlagAm:

thats what snorkels are for :) ,

BTW thanks for taking my daughter Ruthles Ruthie under your wing.

I love this rain even though I have to drive nearly 70 miles a day through it. SR 41 was closed on Monday so I had to go through the hills to another closed road and lots of mud puddles. OK, here's the deal:

Colts are really good guns and have a cool history factor-I like Rugers cause they are tougher when it comes to heavy loads. I guess that answers the second question too.

The Duromax and Allison are decent drivetrain components but the Obama Motors body and electrical system is junk (I am qualified to assess GM from being a journeyman mechanic, not tech, mechanic for many years). It is Ford all the way like the Marshal says, especially now :) . I am partial to the old 7.3 diesel with a five speed though or the FE 390 if'n yer partial to gas.

Small targets near or far, ones that blow up would be fun so we would want to aim to see the fireworks. Big targets close if we can shoot on the move like W3G.

Shooting is gonna be a couple of few monthly's, Winter Range, Dry Gulch at Arroyo Cantua, Western States Police and Fire Games to get me through June.

Did I mention, I like the rain?

Rain is OK if I am on our houseboat at Shasta Lake or if I am home and don't have to go any place. Both places I can stay in my jammies and listen to to rain and stay warm. I don't do cold and wet. Sawmill and I talked about doing a couple of shoots lately and decised that we did our time years ago, pulled up the blankets, hugged and went back to sleep.

I'm baking my desserts for C'mas---it keeps the house warm :FlagAm:

Mad Dog,

You must really be bored. Here's my input.

Colts (I have both so I can be honest)

Yes

Ford by far, more so now than ever. :wacko:

P.S. Goverment Motors is spending so much time on paying back loans and NOT PAYING TAXES ON THIS YEARS PROFITS, that it has little time to make a better truck or one that even comes close to a Ford.

P.P.S. And Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, Hyndia ARE NOT AMERICAN CARS. I don't give a RAIH where the are "built". Where is thier World Headquarters? That's what kind of car it is.

How about little targets far away. Might make some of them "top shooters" work a little harder.

The only travel plans I have it to travel to Home Depot to buy enough wood for an Ark. I'm tired of this f'in rain :blink:

AMEN BROTHER ! :P

Hi Ho Booger Away!

Heck, EVERYONE knows real men shoot duelist! If you don't believe me, check out the other thread on the subject :P. Never saw the guys posts, but it sounds like Bisley Joe is back. And Rugers are WAY better than Colts... I saw that on the internet so it must be true! Fix Or Repair Daily? Found On Road Dead? My o my, I read somewhere that Dodge makes the best truck, so it must be true...I guess. I'll take my targets small and far away, improves your shooting skills don't you know, and slows them fast shooters down too! :wacko: And here I thought everyone knows when reloading to fill the case with gunpowder, seat the bullet and crimp hard! Not! I'm finding out people actually shoot loads different than that! Gamers. Gamers I say!

Well, there's hope... I saw the sun briefly. Missed the eclipse though. I would imagine Chorro is under water too, might be fun to run out there tomorrow and see if it floated away. Supposed to shoot at Three Fingers on Sunday, but family coming over that morning means I won't, and it's supposed to rain anyway. So the SoCal group is going to go see True Grit? I'll see it, but Roosters voice just won't be right.

Have a Merry Christmas all!

Heck, EVERYONE knows real men shoot duelist! If you don't believe me, check out the other thread on the subject :P. Never saw the guys posts, but it sounds like Bisley Joe is back. And Rugers are WAY better than Colts... I saw that on the internet so it must be true! Fix Or Repair Daily? Found On Road Dead? My o my, I read somewhere that Dodge makes the best truck, so it must be true...I guess. I'll take my targets small and far away, improves your shooting skills don't you know, and slows them fast shooters down too! :wacko: And here I thought everyone knows when reloading to fill the case with gunpowder, seat the bullet and crimp hard! Not! I'm finding out people actually shoot loads different than that! Gamers. Gamers I say!

Well, there's hope... I saw the sun briefly. Missed the eclipse though. I would imagine Chorro is under water too, might be fun to run out there tomorrow and see if it floated away. Supposed to shoot at Three Fingers on Sunday, but family coming over that morning means I won't, and it's supposed to rain anyway. So the SoCal group is going to go see True Grit? I'll see it, but Roosters voice just won't be right.Have a Merry Christmas all!

Hey MDJ we're gonna try and get a crowd to go see it in Paso.

Archived