SASS Wire Forum

Calling All Dammits

I will have to find out where Sandy will be and see if Whodini has any room on his dance card...

I was going to post to see if anyone is looking ahead to Feb and going to Tombstone, but looking at their website registration was closed the end of October, so it doesn't look like it will be a shoot like last year with all of us meeting up down there again. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will have to find out where Sandy will be and see if Whodini has any room on his dance card...

I was going to post to see if anyone is looking ahead to Feb and going to Tombstone, but looking at their website registration was closed the end of October, so it doesn't look like it will be a shoot like last year with all of us meeting up down there again. :rolleyes:

I love this thread cuz it keeps me in touch with all of you from the GFBJL.. lol... Have fun in tombstone.. I can't go this year, not ready to make that trip yet.. but by next year I will be up for it.. lol.. Hugs.. Deja..

I love this thread cuz it keeps me in touch with all of you from the GFBJL.. lol... Have fun in tombstone.. I can't go this year, not ready to make that trip yet.. but by next year I will be up for it.. lol.. Hugs.. Deja..

Yep, this is the thread to keep up with us all on :rolleyes:, unfortunately I won't be going to Tombstone this year, they are full already. If you can make it next year go, nice shoot in an interesting place...

Tombstone

Yep, this is the thread to keep up with us all on :rolleyes:, unfortunately I won't be going to Tombstone this year, they are full already. If you can make it next year go, nice shoot in an interesting place...

Tombstone

I lived in AZ for 20 plus years, and I have been to tombstone a few times... love it there.. Love Sierra vista, and Bisbee. but a girls gotta work.. lol.l I happen to love it right where I am too.. lol.. But next year, maybe.. This year not so ready yet for lots of reasons..

Trainwreck, good to see you and Megs Dammits Saturday. Fun match what I shot of it. Pretty retro and took me back to the old days. Fishing shotgun shells out of the toilet was a little ewwwwwww though. :rolleyes:

I had to leave a bit early but I sure had fun with those stages. :rolleyes:

It was good to see you! Sorry you had to leave early.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
It was good to see you! Sorry you had to leave early.

you know how it is when you have to stay one step ahead of the law :rolleyes:

I JUST FIGGERED IT OUT :rolleyes:

He says "HOWDY" to your face, then all you see is his back when the "DOODY" hits the fan! :rolleyes:

heh, heh. Yup, Stretch Dammit, ya figgered it out, but until now it was top secret. I am guessing you studied

on it, and then the answer to it came from Apple Pie, and now you are taking full credit. Just wait until I see her next.

You are in a heap of trouble boy.

:rolleyes::angry: :angry:

Actually MM, I felt bad that I did not say good bye to all my pards and my posse too. I did however tell my posse leader

Raspberry Hayes that while going from one stage to the last one for the day, I just did not feel right and I had promised Heidi Doody that if I did not feel top notch that I would head home and that is what I did. I was following orders. Plus I didn't have Jailhouse Jim watching my every move and looking after me, so I figured I would depart. Plus I had gas and my BP smoke wasn't covering it up real well. I do not have a dog to blame, so I gave ya'll a break. You owe me a hug for saving your life. :ph34r::D :D

heh, heh. Yup, Stretch Dammit, ya figgered it out, but until now it was top secret. I am guessing you studied

on it, and then the answer to it came from Apple Pie, and now you are taking full credit. Just wait until I see her next.

You are in a heap of trouble boy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually MM, I felt bad that I did not say good bye to all my pards and my posse too. I did however tell my posse leader

Raspberry Hayes that while going from one stage to the last one for the day, I just did not feel right and I had promised Heidi Doody that if I did not feel top notch that I would head home and that is what I did. I was following orders. Plus I didn't have Jailhouse Jim watching my every move and looking after me, so I figured I would depart. Plus I had gas and my BP smoke wasn't covering it up real well. I do not have a dog to blame, so I gave ya'll a break. You owe me a hug for saving your life. :angry: :angry: :ph34r:

Hope you are feeling better, isn't Raspberry Hayes the sweetest thing? She and her husband are good people.

Tombstone

Hey Mad Dog Jack, are you going to Winter Range? It is a week or two after Tombstone. There are a bunch of the gang going-Howdy, Sawmill, Jessie, Jacked Up Dammit, MEEEEE, and the Dooley's of course.

Good Morning my Darlin' Ds!

If anyone is planning 2011, here is the application for Dry Gulch at Arroyo Cantua. It is held at our Cowboy Town, near Sacramento, and will be April 21 - 24, 2011.

Here's more information on the Events Forum.

Hope to see more of you there next year.

:rolleyes:

Bev Mo or No E - D!

PS The range does not allow shooting at night.

If I can I will. Peering into the Crystal Ball is only saying maybe right now....

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I must be tired, I thought I read Peeeing into the crystal ball :rolleyes::angry: I am going to bed.

No E Dammit,

Shakeyspear Dammit and I are planning on making the Arroyo Cantua in I think it is April. We will be sending in our entries before too long.

I am looking forward to meeting up with all my NorCal pards for that one and it will be my first visit to Cowboy Town too.

How's the food? I would never starve around there, I know every eating place in Ione, Sloughouse, Jackson and Sutter Creek. I was wondering what the food at the range was like.

No, I don't know what is wrong with me. Here we are talkin' about 5 months away and I am already developing an appetite.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I must be tired, I thought I read Peeeing into the crystal ball :rolleyes::angry: I am going to bed.

I'm not sure how they work, wouldn't want to risk an electric shock by peeing into the crystal ball! :angry:

I'm not sure how they work, wouldn't want to risk an electric shock by peeing into the crystal ball! :rolleyes:

You're right about that MDJ. I had just gotten off work after four sixteen hours shifts this week so I was a little giddy. Yep, more that I think about it, you might just gaze into the crystal ball for your future.

Yup Allie, Howdy and I are coming north in April to ride with the Lawman. I done told him last year I was comin' and Howdy was comin' with me.

This year starts out with Thunder Valley then I'ma headin' to shoots I haven't been to before like Arroyo Cantua and Winter Range. Gonna have to miss some of the usuals but that's part of the game. New faces, old faces, some new-old faces, and plenty of new sights and sounds. It's looking to be a great year if we can all stay healthy.

JJ-D

Howdy and JJ, don't worry about food. Sawmill and I will be there! In the past they have taken sandwich orders for lunch and someone picks them up and delivers them to the range. Friday night has been grilled sausages and stuff.. Sat has been a BBQ with a pot luck. Not sure how it will be this year. Will let you know when I hear anything.

Cranky

Is that Howdy's stomach I hear growling. He's already hungry. Maybe I'll get lucky in a few days and have some venison to make some jerky. :rolleyes: I get by on trail mix, granola bars, and brownies. Oh crap, Howdy might have heard that and he'll be huntin' fer um. Make note to self, Hide Brownies!

JJ-D Don't waste that venison on jerky my dear. How's about vension with a peppercorn gravy with garlic mashed tatoes. If it is an older buck got some crockpot recipes that ain't bad.I didn't even make jerky out of elk!

JJ-D Don't waste that venison on jerky my dear. How's about vension with a peppercorn gravy with garlic mashed tatoes. If it is an older buck got some crockpot recipes that ain't bad.I didn't even make jerky out of elk!

Now that sounds mighty tasty Jessie. I am the only one in the house that eats venison so I usually will give some meat to my pards and save some to make venison for me.

Cooking the way you describe brings memories from back at the ranch growing up with ranch cooks takin' good care of us.

This is a rut hunt so there is a real good chance at an older buck that could be real gamey. Crock pots are the best when it comes to that. Maybe I need to just bring some (if I get one) along to Arroyo Cantua and have you fix some for me and Howdy :-). :D

I also have a Pressure cooker that works really well if you choose to bring some. As far as gamey goes just make sure you cut all the fat off the meat and make sure it is processed correctly. I have never had a gamey problem only tough meat. Wasn't processed correctly. We were out of state and let someone else do it instead of ourselves. :D:D Have a great time and happy hunting.

If I can get there I will, if nothing else just to have some of that dinner and a drink with some friends...

:D

The more the merrier. We can always do Beer-can turkey or a giant stir fry (I have a really big wok that fits o the gas burner) instead of the sausage dinner. Or we can do whatever on Thursday night. Oh, there is always the garbage can stew that we didn't get to have at Lilly. In case you can't tell I love feeding folks.

if anyone wants to check out Trainwreck Dammit in action watch:

http://www.youtube.com/cascvr#p/u/2/61zjh0co5-8

Man o man, the last stage of a clean match. Those pistols, which with me are always slow, seemed to take five minutes to shoot!

Thanks Jack!

Just thought I would check in from Ridgecrest, it's COLD over here! Damn cold! Just George and the club here are putting on a fine shoot for us.

sure would like to go back to Tombstone but think I might be too broke :unsure:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL

Well, I'm home now, and it is relatively warm here. Man! I guess the older I get the less I am able to tolerate the cold. And to think I survived year of winters in New England and the Mid Waste! For those who might want to consider it next year the Defend the Roost shoot really is a lot of fun, it draws shooters from areas of Nevada that maybe we wouldn't get the chance to meet in other places. And George and the crew there make it a memorable event. And plan on shooting the Great Train Robbery stage... takes a single shot rifle, a bolt action military rifle, your main match guns , a semi auto of early vintage, a pocket pistol, and a two shot derringer. For those who don't maybe have all those, shooters lend out their guns and ammo... bring lots of ammo. Just bring jackets... and maybe some sort of wind repellent. They had a large tent on site this year instead of going into town, and it worked out pretty darn good. Did I mention jackets?

Just thought I would check in from Ridgecrest, it's COLD over here! Damn cold! Just George and the club here are putting on a fine shoot for us.

MDJ old friend, you had a mobile bunkhouse at least. I got in last night from Doyle before the big storm hit. I had snow for three days with 40 mph winds, gusts to 60, with 6-8 inches of snow on the ground. Temp's were in the mid-twenties so tenting was fine with a good sleeping bag. Deer hunting in the snow is a lot of fun on a quad too. Sunday I was beat down with sleet and major wind so checked in on NOAA.

When the weather guesser said -5 with 70 pmh gusts, I figured tent camping was a little to pioneer for me so headed to Cabela's in Reno then home after the deer got smart and headed to ground. Had a great hunt even though I will be boiling hides this winter instead of venison steaks.

JJ-D

I have hunter deer and elk in the snow...not my favorite!

I have never hunted in the snow much. This trip was the first in heavy snow. I had a good time, met some real pleasant folks, and got to see some right purty country. My normal country is hot and dry during deer season where you hunt morning and evening so this trip was an all day adventure.

JJ

Archived