SASS Wire Forum

Calling All Dammits

It's still right there on the range and still leaning over.....

:o:FlagAm::ph34r::wub::rolleyes:

JJJ-D

:D:ph34r:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, hallucinations!

No way!

betcha 50 bucks!

as my friend Fan tum would say......

and you've been there and never asked for the grand tour?

See the Double Scotch Hilton and all the rest of the important Dammit sites in Norco!

LLC-D

No way!

You've been there and never asked for the grand tour?

See the Double Scotch Hilton and all the rest of the important Dammit sites in Norco!

LLC-D

:rolleyes::FlagAm::ph34r: Pretty soon there will be a celebrity map for each location. Right here we have the BPToD and over here is the Double Scotch Hilton. Down the way there is where Speed Bump Dammit fell face first into the trail and right over there is the steps that had to be Crawled DOWN soes one cowboy could get to Dammitville. :wub::o

JJ-D

Any Dammits going to the Railside shoot in Williams, Az? NOT looking forward to the drive across the desert, but will do it Wed night, taking Mad Dog McCoy from CVR to keep me out of trouble with all the drinking and gambling. We will be at the Railside RV Ranch in Williams if anyone wants to stop by for a drink.,,,

Any Dammits going to the Railside shoot in Williams, Az? NOT looking forward to the drive across the desert, but will do it Wed night, taking Mad Dog McCoy from CVR to keep me out of trouble with all the drinking and gambling. We will be at the Railside RV Ranch in Williams if anyone wants to stop by for a drink.,,,

Hey MDJ, good luck over there in Williams, I really like that town (hoping for next year). I love to drive in the desert, wish I was going with you. I40 is one of my favorites. You get the mountains at Tehachapi then desert to the Colorado, it should be flowing good this time of year. Then you start the long uphill to Kingman then onto Seligman and Williams. Not far out of Kingman you are out of the desert and into cattle country with the rolling grassland then as you get to Williams, you are in the Kaibab National Forest. It is mighty pretty country. Coming back, you can turn off at Seligman for a buffalo burger or a snow cone at the Snow Cap Drive in. If you have a little extra time, try the Mother Road down old route 66 just stay at the speed limit going through the reservation, it doesn't take you too far out of your way. It comes out at the big truck stop in Kingman then you are on 40 again.

Watch Mad Dog McCoy close. I heard he runs with wild wimmin' and takes a nip or five when he gets the chance :rolleyes: .

Jailhouse Jim

Hey MDJ, good luck over there in Williams, I really like that town (hoping for next year). I love to drive in the desert, wish I was going with you. I40 is one of my favorites. You get the mountains at Tehachapi then desert to the Colorado, it should be flowing good this time of year. Then you start the long uphill to Kingman then onto Seligman and Williams. Not far out of Kingman you are out of the desert and into cattle country with the rolling grassland then as you get to Williams, you are in the Kaibab National Forest. It is mighty pretty country. Coming back, you can turn off at Seligman for a buffalo burger or a snow cone at the Snow Cap Drive in. If you have a little extra time, try the Mother Road down old route 66 just stay at the speed limit going through the reservation, it doesn't take you too far out of your way. It comes out at the big truck stop in Kingman then you are on 40 again.

Watch Mad Dog McCoy close. I heard he runs with wild wimmin' and takes a nip or five when he gets the chance :rolleyes: .

Jailhouse Jim

The high desert is OK by me, and the part in Arizona is pretty, but the California part from Mojave to where 93 drops south in Az I just don't like when it's hot. Bad enough in the winter. That part on 66 from Kingman to Seligman sounds interesting, we'll see when we get there, the plan is to cross the Cal. part at 0 dark hundred, maybe on the way back..

Wild wimmen? Have to ask, I know about the nip or fives.

Mizz Charitea and I will be making te sojourn across the desert to view our brother's and sisters in AT shootin and a whoopin' it up in beautiful, historic Williams. We'll see you two on Friday.

Youngblood

Mizz Charitea and I will be making te sojourn across the desert to view our brother's and sisters in AT shootin and a whoopin' it up in beautiful, historic Williams. We'll see you two on Friday.

Youngblood

Have fun and be safe on the road there you two.

See you when you get back.

LLC

Wild wimmen? Have to ask, I know about the nip or fives.

OK maybe he just is hoping for a wild woman. :rolleyes: Good luck pards, see you maybe next week at Chorro, planning on it at least for now.

JJ

OK, so there's two more who need to be safe on the road!

+1 on that, traffic around here has been a nightmare over the last two days (don't hold a patch to LA but for us, it is UGLY). Hopefully they wait till Monday or Tuesday to head home.

JJ-D

+1 on that, traffic around here has been a nightmare over the last two days (don't hold a patch to LA but for us, it is UGLY). Hopefully they wait till Monday or Tuesday to head home.

JJ-D

It was a nightmare in town last night. A tourist was doing 15 mph. :lol:

:lol: HAPPY 4TH Y'ALL!! HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YA AT THE COWBOYS BBQ SUNDAY

Pards, enjoy yourselves on the 4th tomorrow. Don't eat too much. Remember the troops. and 46 years ago on a very hot saturday Heidi Doody and I tied the knot. I was squirming under that collar, but it has been a great ride with a very understanding gal.

Happy 4th of July Pards

It was a nightmare in town last night. A tourist was doing 15 mph. :lol:

You must be talking about Williams, Az, what with everyone cruising Rt 66 at about 10 MPH and me actually trying to GET somewhere and back!

Hope everyone has a safe celebration of the 4th, we'll find out tonite how Williams does it...

You must be talking about Williams, Az, what with everyone cruising Rt 66 at about 10 MPH and me actually trying to GET somewhere and back!

Hope everyone has a safe celebration of the 4th, we'll find out tonite how Williams does it...

2 Mad Dogs on the prowl. Scarey.

Have a safe trip back and see ya next Saturday.

Say "Hello" to Kactus Killer Dammit, he should be there having fun!

Take care and be safe....

LLC-D

Say "Hello" to Kactus Killer Dammit, he should be there having fun!

Take care and be safe....

LLC-D

Kactus Killer Dammit was there for awhile with Charatea, got to visit for a few minutes with them and got my mug :FlagAm: and catch up on some of the news.

The Doghouse made it home with both Mad Dogs safe and sound, ready to shoot at CVR next weekend...

Rail Head 2010 is history, next year I was promised they would have a FCD category, this year it was Frontiersman or "Blackpowder", and I shot it Duelist because I don't know how to shoot two handed. And my guns wouldn't know how to react to that fad powder stuff. Heck, even got a buckle any way.

Hey, if you get a chance to shoot there next year, go! And Williams is a nice place to be on the 4th too. Probably better than a Rodeo too :lol: ....

Glad the dogs are back in the pack safe and sound. Traffic was beyond ugly yesterday going eastbound, stopped like we were down south. I-5 was dead stopped northbound at Doodyville at 1500 hrs. I couldn't cross Hwy 46 withoug going to one of those newfangled stoplights. See you on Sunday Jack.

JJ-D

Glad the dogs are back in the pack safe and sound. Traffic was beyond ugly yesterday going eastbound, stopped like we were down south. I-5 was dead stopped northbound at Doodyville at 1500 hrs. I couldn't cross Hwy 46 withoug going to one of those newfangled stoplights. See you on Sunday Jack.

JJ-D

The intersection of 58 and 395 is STILL, after all these years, REALLY BAD. Probably took 45 minutes to get through there. 40 to Barstow from the river was full of people pulling boats with, by and large, inappropriate vehicles many broke down along the way. Those with appropriate vehicle wanted to do 80 MPH. We tooled along at 55 (uphill) to 65 (downhill), but it did take longer to get home than to get there, by about 1.5 hrs.

Have I mentioned that I hate the drive from Mojave to where 93 cuts South in Arizona toward Phoenix? I haven't? As the saying goes, "miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles"

The intersection of 58 and 395 is STILL, after all these years, REALLY BAD. Probably took 45 minutes to get through there. 40 to Barstow from the river was full of people pulling boats with, by and large, inappropriate vehicles many broke down along the way. Those with appropriate vehicle wanted to do 80 MPH. We tooled along at 55 (uphill) to 65 (downhill), but it did take longer to get home than to get there, by about 1.5 hrs.

Have I mentioned that I hate the drive from Mojave to where 93 cuts South in Arizona toward Phoenix? I haven't? As the saying goes, "miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles"

Kramer Junction is a bad one on a weekend like this last one for sure. We did Vegas the first part of the week, traffic was flowing nicely both ways (sorry) but the city was full of people.

I have to say, I love the desert and the desolation out there. I can drive for hours through there without hesitation. I drove straight through from Tombstone with only two stops for gas and one for people fuel. 11 1/2 hours straight, did I say I tell anyone the desert? There may be a story here.

I'll see you at Chorro on Sunday MDJ,

JJ-D

Kramer Junction is a bad one on a weekend like this last one for sure. We did Vegas the first part of the week, traffic was flowing nicely both ways (sorry) but the city was full of people.

I have to say, I love the desert and the desolation out there. I can drive for hours through there without hesitation. I drove straight through from Tombstone with only two stops for gas and one for people fuel. 11 1/2 hours straight, did I say I tell anyone the desert? There may be a story here.

I'll see you at Chorro on Sunday MDJ,

JJ-D

We took your recommendation and went from Seligman to Kingman on Rt 66, but I prefer the desert in the winter, summer is a great time to be, for me anyway, in the mountains or near the coast if not on it. 105 degrees at 10 PM reminds me of Red Bluff but with interesting landscape.

At least there's a light at Kramer junction now.

My daughter is getting married here at my place in August and we are getting together with some of the people helping to make it happen on Sunday AM, but I will be out there Sat to shoot, and Friday to camp.

Father of the Bride--- congrats MD!

well well is it an expensive deal? walkin her down the isle? you're gainin a son?

Her mom and I were going to get married here, but it rained, so we moved it. Kind of neat she wants to get married here, and I will walk her down the isle. And he is just fine, will be better when I can teach him to drink real beer, not that Lite stuff.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
Congratulations to the FoB!

and dont forget that as the FoB you are required to shell out lots of money, say yes to everything and do what you are told with no argument :lol:

We took your recommendation and went from Seligman to Kingman on Rt 66, but I prefer the desert in the winter, summer is a great time to be, for me anyway, in the mountains or near the coast if not on it. 105 degrees at 10 PM reminds me of Red Bluff but with interesting landscape.

At least there's a light at Kramer junction now.

My daughter is getting married here at my place in August and we are getting together with some of the people helping to make it happen on Sunday AM, but I will be out there Sat to shoot, and Friday to camp.

Why not at CVR?

Her mom and I were going to get married here, but it rained, so we moved it. Kind of neat she wants to get married here, and I will walk her down the isle. And he is just fine, will be better when I can teach him to drink real beer, not that Lite stuff.

Congratulations!! and we have to get him some Newcastle yum yum yum

Archived