SASS Wire Forum

PM'ing for SASS Members...

Phantom, SASS #54973

I am not going to read all the replies, just say this to Phantom's question:

The SASS wire is a marketing tool for the sport. It seems to me that how it helps new or prospective participants is as important if not more important than how it serves old hands and long time members. With that in mind, there is a great deal of information that can and should be delivered via PM. Load information is an obvious one but also information about clubs and vendors often is something that would be much better in a one on one setting and not a broadcast setting.

For this reason, I would think SASS and CAS is better served by continuing to allow non-members to use the PM function.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

It appears that everyone involved in this dust up IS a SASS member, several of them LIFE members. I'll volunteer to hold the horses while everybody jumps in the river to cool off...

Olen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly new, been insulted a time or two on here, that's OK, I grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers, so my skin has been thick for years. I was slightly involved in the movie post this morning, I know some of it got removed. It should have been and I hope folks on here don't think all of us in NC think that way. I try to judge a person by their character, nothing more. It ain't always cut and dried. But there's a line ya shouldn't cross on here to me, that's just my opinion. And I can agree about the PM's, 'cause we all paid to play, so ya outta have to pay to insult. As far as being a cowboy, I ain't no cowboy, rode a steel horse for many years and wore boots, but the closest I ever got to being a real cowboy was riding a mule to the tobacco field when I was a kid. I respect real cowboys, but I sure am having fun playing like one.... :FlagAm:

It appears that everyone involved in this dust up IS a SASS member, several of them LIFE members. I'll volunteer to hold the horses while everybody jumps in the river to cool off...

Olen

Actually, the guy that sent very uncalled for emails to myself and a couple others (I'm not mentioning their names 'cause it ain't my place), is either not a SASS member or is hidding the fact that he is.

Part of me agrees 100% with what my friend BJT said. But darn it, it gets mighty frustrating to have a Non-SASS member send out reeeeeeal low-class PM's to some reeeeeeeally fine SASS members (No, I'm not including myself!!!), and have no recourse in dealing with it.

SASS members put their money where their mouths are...it is THEM that allow all this to take place. Yet some folks just jump on into or little Living Room and piss on our furnature (that's not the correct spelling...but I'm too old to learn how to spell Furneeture).

You get my drift...I hope.

And lastly, for those folks that send PM's and THEN block - yer a bunch a chicken$****!!!!!!

Cheers!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Hi Pittmaster,

I haven't had many rude PMs. Most folks insult me in public. Gotta admire them for being willing to let all read what they have to say. ;)

Regards,

Allie "whose skin is getting thicker every day" Mo

Me neither - that I care to remember anyway

Actually, the guy that sent very uncalled for emails to myself and a couple others (I'm not mentioning their names 'cause it ain't my place), is either not a SASS member or is hidding the fact that he is.

Part of me agrees 100% with what my friend BJT said. But darn it, it gets mighty frustrating to have a Non-SASS member send out reeeeeeal low-class PM's to some reeeeeeeally fine SASS members (No, I'm not including myself!!!), and have no recourse in dealing with it.

SASS members put their money where their mouths are...it is THEM that allow all this to take place. Yet some folks just jump on into or little Living Room and piss on our furnature (that's not the correct spelling...but I'm too old to learn how to spell Furneeture).

You get my drift...I hope.

And lastly, for those folks that send PM's and THEN block - yer a bunch a chicken$****!!!!!!

Cheers!

Phantom

:) - good example of straight up sayin' it pard! I like the last part :angry:

Oh for those life members - it's like the mafia - once your in ~ your IN! :angry:

GG ~ :(

Guest Hell-Bent Wade 18285
First off, thanks for hijackin the post...good thing Cobb started a better one.

Secondly, if you think that my PM to you was a threat...I'm sorry...sorry that you choose to read into it what you did.

Thirdly, you show really poor taste in posting AA's PM.

Apology accepted and I'll say the same. My apologies to you for taking it the wrong way and for being a bit rash and sometimes hot.

And poor taste or not to repost AA's PM, I've got nothing to hide, I TRY to avoid vulgarities in private or public. I TRY to educate myself before or shortly after talking (re-editing posts). I TRY to not be such a wise-mouth. I'm fighting a lot of years of good solid practice. I've got no respect for someone like AA who would take what someone gives for free and gives nothing in return. I live in Vegas. This town is filled with those people. Fortunately many, but not all, cowboy shooters are better than that. Have a better day!

I started my boys into Boy Scouts this past year and started getting myself back to where I should have been all along. There's a lot to be said for them. It's called character. Last time I checked none of these rich-person sports or hobbies had any proof of character requirements for membership. I actually had that on membership forms about six years ago. Two guys questioned me on it. "Good and Law Abiding Citizen? What does that mean?" They stopped coming around and good riddance.

Phantom. I want to apologize to you for letting Hell Bent and myself's previous post. Get involved in yours.

No sorry for what I PMed.

Just that it got involved in your post. And maybe getting it pulled because of it.

Should have handled it different. But thought it was between him and I. Guess not.

I think it would be a good time to close this thread and let tempers cool.

Fighting will not be tolerated on the SASS Wires, it is a violation of the Guidelines.

Please, no one wishes to start placing Wire members on Preview.

Thanks

Black Harris

Archived