SASS Wire Forum

PM'ing for SASS Members...

Phantom, SASS #54973

No worries AA, he just thinks it all about him. But the funny thing is that he also PM'd me and then Blocked me.

Now I don't mind...didn't say squat about that 'cause he's a SASS member and can do what he wants on this SASS forum.

But I sure wish he'd simply just shut up about the fact that he don't like me and put me on his ignore & block list...like...who cares?!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

Cheers!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

PS: It's true, I have no cow.

Send me the PM and I will forward it to him for you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Fantom, I am actually with ya on this one. I would think that if a "guest" has pm rights, that the "blocking" should be limited to an added item only for members.

If ya give out crap, ya should at least be man enough to receive it in kind....

Just my 02 cents worth..

Hopefully the Mods are listening in and will look into the possibilites of amending the rules in this area.

curley

Dang Fantom, I am actually with ya on this one. I would think that if a "guest" has pm rights, that the "blocking" should be limited to an added item only for members.

If ya give out crap, ya should at least be man enough to receive it in kind....

Just my 02 cents worth..

Hopefully the Mods are listening in and will look into the possibilites of amending the rules in this area.

curley

thanks Curley...and I know that one beer together and we'd fergit the BS that we've given out to each other.

Guest Hell-Bent Wade 18285
Everyone that ride horses is not no Cowboy either. :FlagAm:

Said the saying the way i heard it. I'm sure there's many ways to say it.

Sorry to disagree with you on cowboys. Just because people ride horses, that doesn't make them a cowboy.

Yep, in one ear....

Phantom, you must not have an ex wife :FlagAm: There was a time when my mailbox at the house might have an unsigned, no return address "letter" in it at any given time. The content was designed to wind me up, and it did, but I was young and stupid then. I learned after a while to just toss it and move forward.

PS: Does the PM thingee have an "ignore sender" dealie? It should if it don't.

thanks Curley...and I know that one beer together and we'd fergit the BS that we've given out to each other.

We've shot together b4 (Silver Queen and once at Cowboys) and I 'spect we will again, and I would/will stand the first beer!

Whats right is right, and like Alli said, if ya don't stand for what ya say/do, then what do ya stand for.

curley

QUOTE:" I'll enjoy meeting you someday when I make it back to Vegas...haven't been to my Vegas house in quite a while." END QUOTE.

I take that as a very thinly veiled threat of violence. And you wonder why you got blocked. Nevada has a castle law. I don't take threats lightly. Either don't show up, or you better make good.

Dayum! Mebbe you fellers need some ice water and time to reflect. This thread needs to go bye bye. It ain't reflectin well on us "respectable" folks, nor SASS/CAS.

Well I have to disagree here, being new, I just joined SASS (haven't gotten my number yet), but I PMed several people with questions about SASS in general and particular details on various aspects before I joined. I might not have joined at all if it weren't for those PMs. If you don't want particular people PMing you, that's what ignore is for. Don't make all new users suffer because of one nasty one.

-E

I've been sittin' here almost drawin' blood from bitin' my tongue so much. There's a lot of great punchlines goin' to waste and it's killin' me. Would somebody please send up a flare when it's okay to bring out a joke or two?

P.S. Private Messages should be for payin' customers only.

I've been sittin' here almost drawin' blood from bitin' my tongue so much. There's a lot of great punchlines goin' to waste and it's killin' me. Would somebody please send up a flare when it's okay to bring out a joke or two?

Please Slim,

We need a joke now!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Well I have to disagree here, being new, I just joined SASS (haven't gotten my number yet), but I PMed several people with questions about SASS in general and particular details on various aspects before I joined. I might not have joined at all if it weren't for those PMs. If you don't want particular people PMing you, that's what ignore is for. Don't make all new users suffer because of one nasty one.

-E

I'll still side with Phantom on this issue.

PM's might be a favorable part for non SASS members but there is nothing that can be ask that can't be addressed on the open Wire. And ifn they are looking for SASS/CAS info on all kinds of stuff, I think the Wire would be most appropriate for their usage.

PM rights for SASS members only!

..........Widder

-E

Sorry to hear that but, it brings up a question, what was it about those PMs you sent that made them NEED to be private? If you'd have asked those questions on the open board you could have gotten a vast amount of answers to help broaden your knowledge of SASS.

(Please don't take that as an attack, it's most certainly not meant to be. Just trying to learn myself.)

These are the $1 seats...those up close are $5.

Yep. Sit your self down and make your self comfortable...looks like the fight will start real soon now...

$42...$43...$44...cleared $44!

These are the $1 seats...those up close are $5.

Yep. Sit your self down and make your self comfortable...looks like the fight will start real soon now...

$42...$43...$44...cleared $44!

I got $20 on Phantom. Can't nobody out ornery him. :FlagAm:

Ain't anybody got grass to mow? Snow to shovel? cars needin washed? Guns cleaned (well maybe not guns. Folks ought leave them be when hot under the collar).

But seriously folks, this is a public forum where folks can look back and read this stuff or copy it to other forums. It ain't showin us at our best......

No one should be allowed on here where they can insult or offend someone in a PM and get away with it.

But you do that to me everyday... just because I called you Bat Guano... wasn't he a sheriff in the old west? :FlagAm:

Ain't anybody got grass to mow? Snow to shovel? cars needin washed? Guns cleaned (well maybe not guns. Folks ought leave them be when hot under the collar).

But seriously folks, this is a public forum where folks can look back and read this stuff or copy it to other forums. It ain't showin us at our best......

Darn it Jack,

Thanks for reminding me. Yes, I desparately need to clean house.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I agree; ONLY other SASS members should be allowed to insult Phantom!..or anyone else...

Seriously, this time I totally agree with Phantom...Only SASS Members should have SASS Wire privileges and the right to access SAA member amenities, i.e. PM's.

Perhaps the time has come to only allow bonafide SASS Members on the Wire..Period.

I know all the reasons that this idea has been vetoed in the past, but maybe it's time..let non members read the Wire, bu tonly extend SASS privileges to members.IMO, The Members ONLY portion of the Wire is unnecessary(does anyone even use it?)...Make the entire SASS Wire Members Only

I'll still side with Phantom on this issue.

PM's might be a favorable part for non SASS members but there is nothing that can be ask that can't be addressed on the open Wire. And ifn they are looking for SASS/CAS info on all kinds of stuff, I think the Wire would be most appropriate for their usage.

PM rights for SASS members only!

..........Widder

I'll second the motion, again..........

Dontcha think 50 bucks would be more appropriate? :(

I don't know what it means; but it is in his tag line.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Absolutely correct you are BUT, I'm married. I haven't seen $50 all in one place in almost three decades. :FlagAm:

Matthew,

Soon? What was that a few threads ago, a skirmish?

Regards,

Allie Mo

That? Just old bulls snorting and strutting jockeying for position.

Thirdly, you show really poor taste in posting AA's PM.

That's OK. I stand behind it 100%

The only reason I did not post it here. Was I did not want to get it pulled. That is why I sent it PM.

Don't care if other know what I said about him. I would do it in front of him and anyone else who was around.

Just did not want to get post pulled was all.

I am not going to read all the replies, just say this to Phantom's question:

The SASS wire is a marketing tool for the sport. It seems to me that how it helps new or prospective participants is as important if not more important than how it serves old hands and long time members. With that in mind, there is a great deal of information that can and should be delivered via PM. Load information is an obvious one but also information about clubs and vendors often is something that would be much better in a one on one setting and not a broadcast setting.

For this reason, I would think SASS and CAS is better served by continuing to allow non-members to use the PM function.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

Archived