SASS Wire Forum

Mule Camp Cancelled.......Wow !

Johnny The Kid , SASS 22917

WELL, I HOPE Y'ALL DIDN'T THINK YOU COULD GET BY WITHOUT MY 2CENTS (OK, $1.02, BUT DON'T TELL NOBODY). ;)

FIRST OFF MULE CAMP IS/WAS THE BEST I'VE BEEN TO. I WANT TO THANK ALL Y'ALL WHO MADE IT THAT WAY. IT WILL ALWAYS BE SOME OF MY BEST MEMORIES. I'LL THANK SOME OF Y'ALL FACE TO FACE AS I SEE YA'.

SECONDLY, THANK YOU, MARAUDER, FOR THE INSIGHT YOU GAVE US. NOT TO MENTION ALL THE STUFF YOU DO. YOU'RE REMARKABLE, AND I MEAN THAT AS A COMPLIMENT.

THIRDLY I'D LIKE TO THANK BIRDSHOT FOR HIS INSIGHT IN THIS SAD MATTER, AND ALL HE HAS DONE IN THE PAST TO HELP CAS AND MULE CAMP. I MEAN THAT, TOO.

FORTHLY, I'D LIKE TO MENTION THAT I'LL DO MY BEST IN THE FUTURE TO AVOID HODGDON PRODUCTS AS IT SEEMS THEY'VE FORGOTTEN WHO BUTTERS THEIR BREAD. :) I'VE SENT ALOT OF THEIR PRODUCTS DOWNRANGE OVER THE YEARS. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD CHOICE, BUT NOW I MAY JUST RETHINK WHO'S SENSITIVE TO THE SHOOTER'S NEEDS AND WHO'S JUST INTERESTED IN THE "BOTTOM LINE". JUST MY VIEW FROM WHERE I SIT. (HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO ASK AMERICAN PIONEER IF THEY'D LIKE TO BE A MAIN MATCH SPONSER? AT LEAST A BLACK POWDER SHOOT OUT SPONSOR.) :FlagAm:

FIFTHLY, ( I TRIED TO WARN YA' I WAS GONNA BE LONG WINDED.) YES WE DO DESERVE A FULL AND TRUTHFUL EXPLANATION IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN IT'S THE COWBOY WAY. THIS COVERING UP SOME SUPPOSED INFO 'CAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT OR "Y'ALL DON'T NEED TO KNOW" HAS THE SOUR RING OF POLITICS, AND I AIN'T NO POLITICIAN NOR DIPLOMAT. Y'ALL COWBOY UP AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.

SIXLY, (did i spell that right ?) Y'ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT WE'RE A BUNCH OF WELL MEANING BUT NOSEY OL' COOTS, AND WE WON'T LET THIS GO 'TILL WE DO GET SOME TRUTH. THERE'S JUST WAY TOO MUCH BAGGAGE CONNECTED TO THE BEST COWBOY SHOOT IN THE SOUTH, HELL IN THE WORLD, THAT'D BE MULECAMP !

AND SEVENTHLY, YES , I'LL DO MY BEST TO SUPPORT WHATEVER THE WILD BUNCH COMES UP WITH. THEY KNOW AS WELL AS ANYBODY WHAT THIS GAME MEANS TO SOME OF US, MOST OF US, AH HECK, PROBABLY ALL OF US.

AND LASTLY (for now) YES, WE ARE HAVIN' "RAID ON ANDERSONVILLE" IN MARCH. RAIN OR SHINE. ALL Y'ALL COME ON OUT. WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YA' ! I CAN PROMISE THE WEATHER WILL BE SOUTH CAROLINA WEATHER. :(

THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT ON.

PEACE,

CATFISH TOM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catfish..........you don't have to YELL!!!!

:(

Sorry, Bill, I just got excited. I had been plannin' to beat Persauder this year. (in a pig's eye) I'll try not to be quite so emphatic. thanks for calming me down. :FlagAm:

PEACE

tom

A big Thank You to all the committee members, and hard-working volunteers who put on this great match through the years.

Thank you to Birdshot and Hodgdon's not only sponsoring the Black Powder Championship, but pickin' up the tab for us black powder shooters to participate in that part of the match free! And then providing a cleanup station to so we could de-soot our guns post-match.

Memories of shooting Frontiersman off a bobbing mechanical horse, trying not to miss "Mongo", being grateful for wagon rides up the long hill provided by the Lion's Club. (worth a whole lot more than what it cost!) Meeting some of the best folks it's my pleasure to have known... There's a whole lot o' great people down in Georgia, and a great bunch that travelled to be there. These were memorable times, I'll think fondly of them always.

So, like I said, a big, heartfelt, Thank you. Now with everybody else, I'm lookin' forward to what's next.

Grateful,

Duc McCandless

SASS 25723L

~parts ommited~

FORTHLY, I'D LIKE TO MENTION THAT I'LL DO MY BEST IN THE FUTURE TO AVOID HODGDON PRODUCTS AS IT SEEMS THEY'VE FORGOTTEN WHO BUTTERS THEIR BREAD. :( I'VE SENT ALOT OF THEIR PRODUCTS DOWNRANGE OVER THE YEARS. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD CHOICE, BUT NOW I MAY JUST RETHINK WHO'S SENSITIVE TO THE SHOOTER'S NEEDS AND WHO'S JUST INTERESTED IN THE "BOTTOM LINE". JUST MY VIEW FROM WHERE I SIT. (HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO ASK AMERICAN PIONEER IF THEY'D LIKE TO BE A MAIN MATCH SPONSER? AT LEAST A BLACK POWDER SHOOT OUT SPONSOR.) :FlagAm:

~parts ommitted~

PEACE,

CATFISH TOM

Several years ago, I was at a company that was doing very well on profits.

So well, in fact that the company decided to give 10% of the profits, as a bonus, to the employees.

Which fact, brought much happiness to all who had worked hard to accomplish the success.

A couple of years later, actually it was the 1st Gulf War, and all our exports to this region ceased.

At the end of the year, the company was unprofitable, and we could not pay a bonus at all.

Many of the employees became upset, at the lack of a bonus in the off year. In fact, there was more

labor-management troubles that the company had ever seen following the discontinuance of the bonus.

After experiencing this, the company decided that the best thing to do in the long haul, was to avoid

being too generous in the good years. This was because the employees would expect it in the off years,

or not trust the management otherwise.

The moral of the story, is that we should all be Thankful to any company who Donates to our sport in

the good times. Thank you Hodgdon!! I, for one, and likely many more as well, appreciate your contributions

to SASS, Mule Camp, and Shooting Sports in general. Thank You, Thank You. Thank You.

Don't bite the hand that helps you. IMHO.

fdd

Interesting situation, interesting reactions.

Least ya'll were told before you showed up.

Boycotting a company that has been supporting SASS over the years which has had to change their support for financial reasons just doesn't make any sense at all. Kinda short sighted IMHO. With that said, without a somewhat formal statement by the Mule Camp organization, you will see rumors abound for many months to come. I can imagine that at WR, a hot topic around the camp fires will be what is the latest rumor about why Mule Camp was canceled. By the end of that shoot I am sure there will be at least 20 or 30 reasons for the cancellation that have absolutely no basis in fact but folk will believe the scuttlebutt in an almost vacuum of correct information.

It would be best if the Mule Camp management just gave a concise explanation of their reason for cancellation, especially as it happened at the last moment (after the ad in the Feb. Chronicle). Else, the speculation will go on and on and on.

Otherwise, it seems like we are having a Toyota moment.

FORTHLY, I'D LIKE TO MENTION THAT I'LL DO MY BEST IN THE FUTURE TO AVOID HODGDON PRODUCTS AS IT SEEMS THEY'VE FORGOTTEN WHO BUTTERS THEIR BREAD. :( I'VE SENT ALOT OF THEIR PRODUCTS DOWNRANGE OVER THE YEARS. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD CHOICE, BUT NOW I MAY JUST RETHINK WHO'S SENSITIVE TO THE SHOOTER'S NEEDS AND WHO'S JUST INTERESTED IN THE "BOTTOM LINE". JUST MY VIEW FROM WHERE I SIT. (HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO ASK AMERICAN PIONEER IF THEY'D LIKE TO BE A MAIN MATCH SPONSER? AT LEAST A BLACK POWDER SHOOT OUT SPONSOR.) :FlagAm:

FIFTHLY, ( I TRIED TO WARN YA' I WAS GONNA BE LONG WINDED.) YES WE DO DESERVE A FULL AND TRUTHFUL EXPLANATION IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN IT'S THE COWBOY WAY. THIS COVERING UP SOME SUPPOSED INFO 'CAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT OR "Y'ALL DON'T NEED TO KNOW" HAS THE SOUR RING OF POLITICS, AND I AIN'T NO POLITICIAN NOR DIPLOMAT. Y'ALL COWBOY UP AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.

PEACE,

CATFISH TOM

Can you hear that? That's the sound of all the other sponsors slamming their checkbooks shut. Cowboy up? How 'bout a big "thank you" to the people who make every single major shoot possible.... THE SPONSORS....

This is a free forum for your rant. But, that doesn't mean we all sign on to it. :)

Thanks, Hodgdon Powder, for all the events that you've sponsored. I hope you won't let some people's rudeness, lack of gratitude, poor manners and lack of class sour you to the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting.

Get 'em Allie........

Nothing worse than a mouthy lookie lou......

IMHO

Look who's talkin.

You know, there is a little ol lady who lives across from me, nice as she can be. Always peekin out the blinds... has a lapdog that reminds me of you.

Edit: Had to tone it down some, even if confronted by some dam random ankle-biter.... just sent to "ignore".

sad and sadder...sigh

Find a homeless guy sitting on a park bench. Every day fo rthe next year hand him a sandwich as you walk by. On day 366 walk by without giving him a sandwich and he'll run you down and ask where the heck his sandwich is and get mad when you say you ain't bringin' no more.

Hodgdon makes a great product and have been staunch supporters of CAS for a long, long time. I for one will continue to use their products.

Possum

sad and sadder...sigh

Find a homeless guy sitting on a park bench. Every day fo rthe next year hand him a sandwich as you walk by. On day 366 walk by without giving him a sandwich and he'll run you down and ask where the heck his sandwich is and get mad when you say you ain't bringin' no more.

Hodgdon makes a great product and have been staunch supporters of CAS for a long, long time. I for one will continue to use their products.

Possum

+1

Have been, and still am, and will be a Hodgdon powder user.

Thank you for your years of support of SASS. Maybe things will work out, and it could happen again in the future.

Thank you Mule Camp for years of fun and great shoots RIP.

Thank you Hodgdon for all your great products, which I will continue using. Birdshot Thank You for your support all these years.

Look who's talkin.

You know, there is a little ol lady who lives across from me, nice as she can be. Always peekin out the blinds... has a lapdog that reminds me of you.

Edit: Had to tone it down some, even if confronted by some dam random ankle-biter.... just sent to "ignore".

Dude, knock off the lapdog stuff. Youngblood is true pard to his friends and any stranger that he runs into.

Phantom

:FlagAm:

PS: Hodgdon was a sponsor...not a sponsor for life! I'll continue to use their products.

Look who's talkin.

Hello again Ned,

That is the most rediculous post I've read on the Wire.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I now understand why you don't list your location.

PPS Does anyone know this person?

Look who's talkin.

Mouth,

How is the view from the cheap seats?

Pay your money, join SASS and try to find the manhood to list an address........

Meanwhile leave these good folks alone........

Youngblood

SASS says that unfortunately the match has come to an end but the SASS SOUTHEASTERN REGIONAL WILL CONTINUE ON. They supposedly have already contacted a couple of clubs that may be a good fit. And SASS will make an announcement shortly as to where the Southeastern Regional will move.

So exactly where does "San Quentin" live these days ? I don't know personally, but I'd look for the match to turn up somewhere near Anderson, SC.

I believe this topic has run its course.

Knocking a sponsor friend of this sport, wanting information that is private and name calling are beyond what we are all about.

Please close this topic!

Roo

Archived