SASS Wire Forum

Mule Camp Cancelled.......Wow !

Johnny The Kid , SASS 22917

I feel very sad for the folks that put their heart and sole into this match over the years. To see it go away has to be very difficult for them.

Mule Camp was one of my first major matches in the 90's and there are memories I will keep with me fore ever. It was one of the most well run events I have ever attended and I have taken many of their ideas and applied them to the North East Regional. I thank them dearly for their innovation, dedication and talent.

Roo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to see it go before I had a chance to shoot it. It was on my list of shoots I wanted to go to.

But it's gone.

So. Now, I am curious as to what will raise from it's ashes???

Ya never know. Hope a club steps up and takes it, and runs with it.

Dagnabit! I already had my vacation time approved for Mule Camp this year - it was going to be my first major match. I don't have much vacation time and can't travel to far, so this was going to be the big one for me. Well, maybe I can make it to the state championship this year instead.

r00mer #1

:blush: 2 many categories :blush:

Mule Camp Cancelled

r00mer #2

The Baptist Category was not SASS approved. :)

I got to meet the notoreous Madd Mike at Mule Camp 2007. I think I've about recovered. :FlagAm:

Mule Camp Cancelled

r00mer #2

The Baptist Category was not SASS approved. :)

I got to meet the notoreous Madd Mike at Mule Camp 2007. I think I've about recovered. :FlagAm:

shuks, I aint nearly recovered my-own-self

yer side of the muddy................was a hoot

meetin you-widder-and that thar feller that skins possums

amung many many more

then shootin three days with that man in black :blush: Lasiter :blush: with his smoken 87

yuuu's guys really showed me h0W ta be madder bout CAS

who ever gits the regionial will do weLL

cuz we say so

back ta Baptist category

U all shuda had that category, as I think I saw a Baptist behind every tree----while I was there

That 2007 Mule Camp I was on a posse with bunch that called themselves the Dooley Gang. This character called Ringo Fire gave me a purple arm garter to wear, made me raise my left hand and swear to somethin' about upholdin' low standards...of some kind of non-sense or other...I don't rightly remember...was laughin' too much. :blush:

That 2007 Mule Camp I was on a posse with bunch that called themselves the Dooley Gang. This character called Ringo Fire gave me a purple arm garter to wear, made me raise my left hand and swear to somethin' about upholdin' low standards...of some kind of non-sense or other...I don't rightly remember...was laughin' too much. :blush:

I believe I did the low standard thing when that funny stuff appeard (fire water)

at my table during the awards, they dont make that stuff in the hills

round

these hear parts :blush:

Baptist er not

it was a pleasure to make your aquaintace sir

I guess I waited a year too many to go. Very sad, I've heard nothing but good things about this event for years.

Me too! It always conflicted with the St. Jude's charity shoot. I hope it is moved to Alabama (cause it's closer) and done a different weekend but mostly I just hope that it returns because I've heard nuthin' but good things about it and the people that put it on.

The truth is an elusive commodity in CAS........... :blush:

Truer words were never uttered!

Appalachia Annie and I had a great time going there. Annie made it twice. I made it three times, and we were thinking about it this year, along with visiting kids and grandkids in Charlotte. Too bad. We'll miss those guys and their fantastic worth. One of my best shots of me :blush::blush: was taken at Mule Camp a few years ago.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/c...oopMuleCamp.jpg

Chicken Coop

I just received the February 2010 Chronicle. It has a full page application for the "Fifteenth Annual Great SASS Southeastern Regional" at the South River Gun Club, Covington, GA on page 39; go figure!

Guest talon macleod 29883

Just what kind of OFFICAL info do you need?SASS made it clear.The rumors will begin.I promise you having been on the front lines and knowing all you want that the rumors are far more interesting than the truth.Now,that being said I will not explain it to anybody. :blush:

From South River Gun Club web site:

"PLEASE NOTE: THE ANNUAL "SHOOTOUT AT MULE CAMP" SE REGIONAL COWBOY ACTION MATCH HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL NOT RETURN TO SRGC. PLEASE REFER QUESTIONS TO THE MULE CAMP COWBOYS."

The Mule Camp Cowboys web site appears to be down.

Just what kind of OFFICAL info do you need?SASS made it clear.The rumors will begin.I promise you having been on the front lines and knowing all you want that the rumors are far more interesting than the truth.Now,that being said I will not explain it to anybody. :blush:

Like Talon said, Dirt

Just got off tha phone with Jimmy Spurs @ Cowboy Gunworks, He pledges A Main match sponsorship for tha Southeast Regional championship if that would help get things rolling. God Bless North Carolina, and Mr. Spurs!

RRR

Don't dwell on tha past in life or this match. Look to tha future and to what it can bring.

Wow, what a bummer!

I joined SASS at Mule Camp, It was the first big SASS match I ever attended, and was a big part of what got me hooked on CAS..I had not been in several years due to timing job-wise..Never did shoot there, always went as a Conventioneer, and ALWAYS had fun..I was going to try to make it this year and shoot..Too bad. :blush:

It's my fault. I did it. They couldn't take the duck call anymore!

:blush:

Duc McC

You didnt get this from me but,

People just coudnt take the fire ants any longer.

Yankee shooters felt like Atlanta reminded them to much of just being at home.

It was all the slippery yellow clay everywhere staining boots, carts and cars alike.

First sign that Georgia is preparing to succeed from the union again.

When them yankees went to the banquet, they found out why so many GA boys are missing their front teeth.

They couldnt handle the overflow of fokes who were planning to attend next years match.

Jimmy Carter was trying to sign up for this years opening address.

To many yankees came and wouldnt leave.

They couldnt git the banjo player back due to rumors of a DELIVERANCE remake.

No body at headquarters wanted a match this popular held outside the western corridor.

No one could pronounce the names of any of the rivers or creeks down there.

Shooters were going blind after the match due to drinking from Red River Rays jar.

Persistent rumors that her 'not so' favorite son was thinking about moving back and he is the only memory less popular than Jimmy Carters.

There just might be other contributing factors that I have not heard about yet!

What happened!!!??

As some of you know, I am a member of Mule Camp Cowboys and manage their website, but I am not on the leadership team.

Here’s what little I know.

First, the web sites:

About two weeks ago, the servers that host the web sites for Mule Camp and the Mule Camp Cowboys (the monthly club) were hit by a virus. The sites had been attacked a few times before, so evidently the company decided to drop all public access sites to protect their main business. We found out about that a couple of days ago. So that is why the sites have been down.

So I have set up another website for the club:

http://mulecampcowboys.homestead.com

We are working on getting the old domain name (mulecampcowboys.com) transferred as soon as we can, but until then, please use the above site.

As I understand, the Mule Camp Regional website will remain down until decisions about the regional are finalized – then the site may or may not return.

What happened about the Regional??

I was not involved directly at all, so I cannot provide many facts. I do know the team was working on some great ideas and looking at options to reduce the cost without significantly reducing the fun. And they had some great ideas that would have been fun. And most of the team had a lot of experience in running the shoot.

But I’ve worked with leadership of many groups for many years and yes, had to work with committees. So apparently, they team ran out of resources – time, possibly initial funding, coordination, workers, or . . . Any or all of the above. And with proposed changes, I would guess that there was some resistance, which is natural. So they evidently evaluated their situation and contacted SASS. And here we are.

My Thoughts

I too hate to see the loss of this fun match this year, but I believe that SASS and the clubs can reestablish the regional match in the future. I do wish it could stay in Georgia or a similar location with great access and facilities. If not at the Conyers, the old location at Gainesville, GA is nice, but that would depend on SASS and the Gainesville club. But the match could go to any of the many fine clubs in the Southeast.

Back to Shooting!!!

We are fortunate that there are many great matches to choose from, so you can enjoy one of them.

Since I also shoot with the Doc Holliday’s Immortals, I’ll put in a plug for the Georgia State Match in April. But there are several great, big matches in the May/June time frame to attend as well:

http://www.sassnet.com/Shoot-Prog-Annual-M...es-001A.php#MAY

Of course on the same dates and in the South East is another fun match:

Smokin' Guns at Rabbit Ridge

And several great matches in Texas including my old favorite Round Up!

The Local Mule Camp Cowboys Club

Just a reminder for the local, Georgia folks, Mule Camp Cowboys is still going and will have their schedule February match:

http://mulecampcowboys.homestead.com

Edited to add links.

Thanks to Marauder for the insight, and thanks to Slowhand Bob for the humor. I hadn't been to Mulecamp since they moved from Gainesville but I always had a good time.

In fact I've never been to any match in the South where I didn't have a good time and meet friendly people. This is just a bump in the road and I expect the Southeastern Regional will return better than ever, whether it's the same group or a new club.

You didnt get this from me but,

People just coudnt take the fire ants any longer.

Yankee shooters felt like Atlanta reminded them to much of just being at home.

It was all the slippery yellow clay everywhere staining boots, carts and cars alike.

First sign that Georgia is preparing to succeed from the union again.

When them yankees went to the banquet, they found out why so many GA boys are missing their front teeth.

They couldnt handle the overflow of fokes who were planning to attend next years match.

Jimmy Carter was trying to sign up for this years opening address.

To many yankees came and wouldnt leave.

They couldnt git the banjo player back due to rumors of a DELIVERANCE remake.

No body at headquarters wanted a match this popular held outside the western corridor.

No one could pronounce the names of any of the rivers or creeks down there.

Shooters were going blind after the match due to drinking from Red River Rays jar.

Persistent rumors that her 'not so' favorite son was thinking about moving back and he is the only memory less popular than Jimmy Carters.

There just might be other contributing factors that I have not heard about yet!

And the South will rise Agin.... :blush:

Instead of dwelling on the past, I would just like to say "Thank You" to all who ever sweated their butts off in the hot Georgia sun to provide a great match that I could attend and enjoy. It is my deepest wish that another quality club pick up the Southeast Regional and carry on in Mule Camp's fine tradition.

I would especially like to thank San Quinton who gave me a great deal of heartburn on several occations (all in good fun) and so many sayings that have stuck in my brain like: "Should have planned your day better", and "No Bang, No Bonus". There are some others, but they are not suitable for this forum.

I will miss it, but I won't mourn for it because I carry those memories with me always.

Dang It Dan

Two Time Southeast Regional Champion

Number One Sandbagger

F.A.M.

Instead of dwelling on the past, I would just like to say "Thank You" to all who ever sweated their butts off in the hot Georgia sun to provide a great match that I could attend and enjoy. It is my deepest wish that another quality club pick up the Southeast Regional and carry on in Mule Camp's fine tradition.

I would especially like to thank San Quinton who gave me a great deal of heartburn on several occations (all in good fun) and so many sayings that have stuck in my brain like: "Should have planned your day better", and "No Bang, No Bonus". There are some others, but they are not suitable for this forum.

I will miss it, but I won't mourn for it because I carry those memories with me always.

Dang It Dan

Two Time Southeast Regional Champion

Number One Sandbagger

F.A.M.

weLL put

carry on South east regional

Guest Texas Jack Black
Y'all, we have RED clay down heah. Any yella clay must come from them consarned Yankees. :blush:

You mean those Yankees who kicked our butts :blush:

Archived