SASS Wire Forum

Mule Camp Cancelled.......Wow !

Johnny The Kid , SASS 22917

Just heard the Mule Camp 2010 has been cancelled. This is not official, as I heard it "through the grapevine". Am sure someone from MC will be on here soon if it is true.

Hate to hear this if true. It has always been a great match. Edit....Now it is official per the reply herein by Coyote Calhoun. Real Bummer, but thanks to all who made Mule Camp the great match over the years.

Johnny

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I just head their server crash......:blush:

Holy smokes, that sucks if it's true....:blush:

CW

A pard of mine who's good friends with the owner of the range where Mule Camp has been held told him today that Mule Camp is moving from Georgia to either North Carolina or Alabama. Don't know if it's cancelled for 2010 or not. That's a shame, IMHO. The range owners spent a lot of money to make the range a first class venue for Mule Camp.

Guest Coyote Calhoun, SASS #201

To All

It is with great sadness that I inform you that the Shootout At Mule Camp will not be held this year. I was just informed today of the final decision.

I would like to congratulate all that have help put this match on for the last fourteen years. It took a lot of sweat and tears to put this match on for fourteen years and it has been one of the most successful matches in SASS history. Mule Camp was the match that other regionals we patterned after. The Shootout At Mule Camp has always been close to my heart because I help get it started and it was home.

Unfortunately the match has come to an end but the SASS SOUTHEASTERN REGIONAL WILL CONTINUE ON. I have already contacted a couple of clubs that may be a good fit.

SASS will make an announcement shortly as to where the Southeastern Regional will move.

Again CONGRATULATIONS to all that put forth the effort so that so many could have fun.

Truly Sad, Mule Camp was always a fun shoot with great people. They have had some of the best and most copied stages in SASS. French Mistake will always be one of my favorites.

Oh No !! This is very sad news indeed. Shootout at Mule Camp was a legendary event that set the standard for other clubs. It'll be missed. :blush:

'Nooga

Mule Camp was my first big SASS match. It was 1998. There were 16 of us from NY on the same posse. Needles to say there were some concerned folks!! :blush:

I made a lot of friends at Mule Camp over the years and I am grateful for that. In 2007 I won a buckle there, and that is one of my favorite trophies.

To all that made it happen over the years a BIG THANK YOU!! I hope this is not going to be a on going trend. I do love this game.

The truth is an elusive commodity in CAS........... :blush:

But the Wire is full of rumors, some true, some not, not even a rumor to chew on yet. If someone knows the truth they could stop the rumor mill cold. A few more posts and the rumors will start.

Mule Camp: the place where I got to meet and hang out for three days with MADD MIKE and shoot on the same posse with him and the legendary Lassiter. What a blast.

Plus, I got to meet Possum Skinner and Santa Fe River Stan. Just a few of those great SASS memories.

Thanks to all those who amassed unbelievable energy all these years in doing a first class job.

..........Widder

The truth is an elusive commodity in CAS........... :blush:

Actually the truth the most elusive thing out there irrespective of CAS. Everyone has an agenda and puts their spin on the topic. Whether politics, religion, history, science you name it.

I have only been shooting for a year but signed up for SASS in 2008 at Mule Camp and enjoyed the experience of watching the shooters and visiting with the vendors, had to spend some money you know. I had just told my wife that I was going to sign up to shoot the match this year and then saw this thread, as my kids would say "What a bummer." Hope they can find another club that can handle a match of this quality.

Tucker T.

I started shooting CAS in late 2000. I attended Mule Camp in 2001 as a conventioneer, just to see what a big match looked like. I was sold, and attended as a shooter every year since, with the exception of 2008. Always one of my most favorite matches! Sure sorry to see it end. :blush:

Alot of good people were behind this match in tha past, Alot of good ones would have ran it on.

Main thing is DON'T let this match die!!!!!!

If you were from these parts, this was tha match ta win, and was never handed to anyone. For gods sake give it tha respect it deserves.

Mule Camp (I BE DAMN)

RRR

Archived