SASS Wire Forum

Any "Out of the box" shooters?

Knarley Bob

I'm just tired of someone else's post getting turned into an argument, when all the original poster asked was a simple question.

DM :FlagAm:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we all start out out of box but most of us have a tendecy to tinker with what we have my used blachawks have been

converted to bisleys with new springs and inners we all start out with minor changes new grpis lighter springs now you can by guns already tinkered with but that does take all the fun out of it

gabby

I'm just tired of someone else's post getting turned into an argument, when all the original poster asked was a simple question.

DM ;)

Then you must get tired pretty darn often around here...everyone that has started a thread at one point or another had it Hi-jacked.

Hopefully the Hi-Jack happens after the original question has been thoroughly answered.

:FlagAm:

You can tell allot about a Cowpokes character by the way he responds to posts, don't you know?

Hmmmm...this could lead to a new direction on this Thread.

I actually disagree with this statement MD. If you truely disire to know a person's Character, depending on only the short written responses on the Wire is not a good way.

For instance, I can draw a conclusion about your Character (a false one I'm sure), that you judge folks too quickly...along with Dalton Masterson. Now I would wager a large amount that this is a false conclusion, but it could be made if I put a lot of weight on what is said here on the Wire.

Fact is that I don't know either of you so I have no justification for drawing the above mentioned conclusion.

Take the Rev and Oddnews. While I think they are way off base and frankly silly with there position on this thread regarding the "Stock" class, I hope I have not made a comment about their Character. If I have, then I apologize as this would go against my Character...not that I haven't let myself down on occasion...but hey, I'm only human.

So, if you feel that you can make reasonable judgements about one's Character by their posting here...then that's your right of course...I just think it's misguided.

Cheers!

Phantom

I've said it before but a stock class would be a nightmare to police, and yes you would have to police it. Those of us that put on matches and ACTIVELY participate in the sport don't need any more rules or classes to think about.

I would back Deuce on this statement

but he probably dont even need it

Match directors nightmare fer sure

and un

necessary as far as I am concerned

NO MORE sticken categories

these days

we cant fill all the ones we got now

.... that you judge folks too quickly...

Perhaps. I've only been observing posters on this here wire a bit over 10 years. :FlagAm:

Perhaps. I've only been observing posters on this here wire a bit over 10 years. :FlagAm:

I'm sure you have...as I have for nearly 6 years. But I still wouldn't draw conclusions on folks Character based on their Wire contributions alone.

;)

I would back Deuce on this statement

but he probably dont even need it

Match directors nightmare fer sure

and un

necessary as far as I am concerned

NO MORE sticken categories

these days

we cant fill all the ones we got now

No need for alarm, MM. The only two proponents of this 'will be collecting data for years and even decades' (paraphrased). It'll just be something for us all to look forward to everytime a post like this'n pops up.

Plus, let's face it, the TG's voted loud and clear on the FCGF category this year. It even had pretty widely held support and is even being offered at many clubs now. So given both constraints I'd say the chances of SASS instituting a STOCK ONLY class in our lifetimes are less than zero.

These guys will just get tired of the sound of their own discord and go off to find like minded where they can huddle to call SASS shooters derogatory names.

Either do something about getting your pet project off the ground or shut the hell up about it. It is safe to say that the majorioty are plum tired of hearing all the gas about it with no action. What say the majority?

I'm sure you have...as I have for nearly 6 years. But I still wouldn't draw conclusions on folks Character based on their Wire contributions alone.

Agreed. In my post I said "allot". I did not say "final judgment".

Remember. Shoot low. They're riding Shetlands...

I am bowing out of this particular thread. I allowed myself to be provoked into more conversation than I should have had, and I have "hi-jacked" the thread, which wasn't my desire.

But I won't "shut up about it" until there is a change, and I really don't care what "the majority" especially the "majority" on the Wire think. I've seen the majority in other venues do silly damn things like elect Barack Obama.

If we can police the difference between one short stroke kit and another -- which is currently required by the rules, we can police the difference between a rifle that doesn't have a short stroke kit and one that does.

Archived