SASS Wire Forum

potable water source near Albuquerque?

Doc Nelson #19958

I've been to EOT once, and feel fortunate to be headed back. Last time I had a difficult time finding potable water for the 5th wheel and online sources aren't any help.

I know some have said there is a travel center at Moriarty with potable water, I'd like both to have confirmation of that and I'd rather not backtrack to the ranch if I don't have to.

The Hidden Valley Resort no longer allows the filling of potable water tanks even for a fee.

I can find plenty of dump stations on the way(550, then 25, then 40) but no phone numbers or other resources that say whether or not potable water is available.

I didn't care for the on-site services last time, the hired hands left a sewage mess in their rush and tried to just push dirt over it.

I'd really rather not travel all day with all that water if I don't have to.

Thanks

Doc Nelson

I did a search....and it looks like there is a place in Moriarty....and it's free. If you go to Sanidumps.com and look in New Mexico......It is a Travel Centers of America....Exit 194 off US 40, Central Ave., 1700 US Route 66 West. I was going to call them and make sure they are still open for business.....but I imagine they are since its a T of A. Sad part is I'm coming from Albaquerque and have to drive past the ranch exit in order to fill up and then go back. No place available between Albaquerque and the ranch! Shoot!!!!

Yep Aspen, that was what my search said also.

One caveat though, Sanidumps says there are 2 sites in my town and, at least last summer, those sites were not available and had actually been remodeled out. That makes me wonder about the accuracy of the other listings.

Doc Nelson

Doc, call Sheriff Mike Lacy (Elk Ridge Sheriff) in Blanding this evening. 435-678-2609. He stops on Bernalillo?? at the end of 550 at a gas station with a RV dump. They have potable water. He also can help you with Ward info for Sunday morning.

I called them and they still have potable water at the Travel Center of America in Moriarty.

I called Moriarty too, clerk wasn't real positive but did say they thought there was a place for water behind the building.

Happy Jack, I've called that Giant Conoco station at Bernallo, just before you get on 25, they didn't speak English too well but said they didn't have water. Could be I had the wrong place though, said they didn't have a dump station either, could also be that they ought to pay enough for an English speaker to answer the phone.

We have distant relatives in Albuquerque, Sunday is covered.

So far I am planning on stopping at Bernalillo and attempting to find water, using Moriarty as a backup.

I called the Travel Center at the junction of 25 and 40, thinking Moriarty is a Travel Center and has potable water, maybe they would too. Got a definite "no" on that.

I've started packing, this week is way too long.

Doc Nelson

Doc, the station Sheriff Lacy stops at is about 1/4 mile off the Interstate on 550. He stops there every time he goes to the Ranch. It may be a Chevron?? I'm not sure. It is at a traffic light about 3 west of I-25. Sorry I don't stop there. We always stay at a nice RV park in Bloomfield on the way down and back.

Archived