SASS Wire Forum

RV parks near the ranch

Here you go, SS.... not much around and what is there you may want to consider the reviews:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/New_M...o/Moriarty.html

http://www.maliasmiles.com/newmexico/ZiaRVPark.htm

You may also consider ALBQ, but with this WARNING! The road from ALBQ up the grade to Edgewood is under MAJOR construction. I was through there in May and it is down to one lane each way. MAJOR stop and go traffic both directions are the norm. I have friends in ALBQ and had considered staying with them through EOT. But after having the delight of spending almost 1 hr in traffic to go less than 15 miles I decided to get a room in Moriarity instead.

Good luck!

We are staying at Hidden Valley RV Park. It's between Albuquerque & the Ranch. I haven't stayed there before, so I cannot say yeah or nay about it, but I understand it has full hook-ups, a pool & hot tub. Here is the contact info:

Hidden Valley Resort

844-B State Hwy 333

Albuquerque / Tijeras, NM 87059

Toll Free: (800) 326-2024

Local: (505) 281-3363

Fax: (505) 281-2026

Buena suerte, compadre

Ditto on Hidden Valley. There are a lot of shooters there every year.

Brother King, didn't know you was headed to EOT. That's good to know cause I thought I was the only one from northern Colorado going this year. Looking forward to seeing you there. The wife and I will be the ones in that slow camper going up over Raton Pass blocking traffic. We're camping onsite this year.

GW

Brother King, didn't know you was headed to EOT. That's good to know cause I thought I was the only one from northern Colorado going this year. Looking forward to seeing you there. The wife and I will be the ones in that slow camper going up over Raton Pass blocking traffic. We're camping onsite this year.

GW

Really looking forward to it!

Cuidado, Colorado compadres!

Southbound I-25 is closed at Walsenburg. The detour routes you straight down Main Street, then back onto the Interstate, according to news reports. I plan to allow a little extra time, patience and maybe stop for a Blizzard at the DQ.

Buena suerte,

eGG

Hi Nellie,

How are you doing? Thanks for the info.

Sixgun :FlagAm:

Doing good! Chomping at the bit...ready to go!!! Only 7 more days til I pull out! :D :D :D

Hope to see ya'll there!

Yep, I'm shooting Cortez on the way to EOT. :FlagAm: I'll be doing 4-12 stage matches in 15 days! Wahoo!!! Life is GOOD!!!

Cortez

EOT Wild Bunch

EOT Main

Railhead

Cuidado, Colorado compadres!

Southbound I-25 is closed at Walsenburg. The detour routes you straight down Main Street, then back onto the Interstate, according to news reports. I plan to allow a little extra time, patience and maybe stop for a Blizzard at the DQ.

Buena suerte,

eGG

El Gato Gordo,

Is that a temp closure or long term? I can see that little town becoming a heck of a bottleneck. We won't be heading through there until the 20th, but I am always up for a DQ stop!

GW

News report Monday (6/8/09) said I-25 Southbound closed for a month. Then comes the Northbound. Channel 13 (Google KRDO) had a reporter on scene in Downtown Walsenburg describing the mayhem. Citizens mad; merchants glad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going to get to go to EoT this year but I stayed at Hidden Valley last year. It was a nice place to stay, not all that far from Founders Ranch. Took about 15 minutes to drive there.

Bad news about the I-25 detour at Walsenburg: there is NO DAIRY QUEEN IN WALSENBURG!

Did you know that DQ has a "trip planner" on their website? There are DQ's in Trinidad, CO, and Las Vegas, NM. I just can't figure out how to print out the map.

Salud, dinero, amor ------ y Blizzards!

Archived