SASS Wire Forum

Camping at EOT

In the past you got to pick out your own camping space, except for the Founders Ranch members, they get the first several rows. Each time we have camped there, there was a water truck and a dump truck that comes around, you pay for each one as you need them, but don't wait til the last minute, sometimes they miss you! Generators are okay, but they must be turned off by 10 or 10:30 until 6 a.m.. It is a blast, lots of people have little get togethers with their old pals and new friends they meet.

PS: Rec'd our packet today with more information, I imagine you have too.

Dave,

Is there anyway we can park a 12 foot trialer with youif you camp? I don't feel like hauling it all over Moriority. I'm bring the Florida bunch. Glad you will be there also. No guns in the trailer just carts. I can't get an answer from SASS headquaters. Let me know please.

Major Mishap

In the past you got to pick out your own camping space, except for the Founders Ranch members, they get the first several rows. Each time we have camped there, there was a water truck and a dump truck that comes around, you pay for each one as you need them, but don't wait til the last minute, sometimes they miss you! Generators are okay, but they must be turned off by 10 or 10:30 until 6 a.m.. It is a blast, lots of people have little get togethers with their old pals and new friends they meet.

PS: Rec'd our packet today with more information, I imagine you have too.

Hi Neveda,

Thanks for all the info. Looks like we are not going to be able to camp this year. Hopefully we can next year.

We have not received our packet yet. We are looking forward to another fun EOT.

See Ya,

Sixgun Sallie :D

• 9 months later...

We'll be camping there again this year. First trip out since '06. I offered a constructive criticism back then that it would be much better if they would be so kind as to separate the tent campers from the RVs and trailers. It would be better still if they would set aside a special place for the "period camps" as well. Having just filled out the registration it appears they are still plugging along with the same indifference, throwing period camps between noisy RVs. Too bad, as this would be an easy fix. :FlagAm:

There is lots of room, so I doubt there will be any problems. Just be sure to locate yourself far away from the more noisy campers. You may want A/C during the day, but it cools off quick right after sundown.

EOT has portlets on almost every row which helps you extend your blackwater tank storage.

We brought extra water cans with us to EOT. When that ran out we just went into Moriaty and filled our cans at the Supermarket's water vending machine. Cheap enough, we could pick up fresh fruit, and stop for lunch at the nearby Mexican restaurant.

Henry McKenna

There is plenty of Tent camping room not in with the RV's when you arive ask Giggles that you want to set up away from RV's.

Bighorn

• 2 months later...

DD, welcome to camping at EOT. Hot,cold dusty dry, rain and wind should be the forecast for the week. The truck comes around everyday to refresh the campers and water fill ups. Remember you will be at a SHOOTING RANGE and the noise might vary a few dispels one way or the other. Our group gets loud with laughter, music, fiends singing in the night air and campfire stories. Others have multiple dogs in there camper that bark at every move in the night. WE all learn the live with each other for the week. Please stop by the Dooley Gang Camp this year and say hi, a friendly face is always welcome in camp. Even the ole sour puss , that did not have a good night sleeping,,,,"well your welcome to stop by TOOOOO!",,,,,,Welcome and have fun at EOT. T-Bone

Hehe - Always the best tactic. Invite folks so they can't complain. I use it regularly. :unsure: From what I here the Dooley's could charge admission to their camping area. Disney's trademark of "The Happiest Place on earth" has been usurped.

DD, welcome to camping at EOT. Hot,cold dusty dry, rain and wind should be the forecast for the week. The truck comes around everyday to refresh the campers and water fill ups. Remember you will be at a SHOOTING RANGE and the noise might vary a few dispels one way or the other. Our group gets loud with laughter, music, fiends singing in the night air and campfire stories. Others have multiple dogs in there camper that bark at every move in the night. WE all learn the live with each other for the week. Please stop by the Dooley Gang Camp this year and say hi, a friendly face is always welcome in camp. Even the ole sour puss , that did not have a good night sleeping,,,,"well your welcome to stop by TOOOOO!",,,,,,Welcome and have fun at EOT. T-Bone

Put me next to y'all.

I am there on vacation and to have a good time with friends.

Hi Tbone,

We will look for ya'll. Since I grew up in Texas, I always like to see people from my part of the country. We will be pulling up on Weds.

See ya,

Sixgun Sallie :lol:

Not unless something has changed from last year. There are several truck stops in Moriarty...you can usually get a shower there for a fee.

I see there are Porta Potties available. What about shower areas?

Been told not water rights.

Any water you want to use. YOU have to bring in or buy off the truck when it comes aournd.

Showers are not provided on the Ranch. Water rights on the main well are earmarked for irrigation use. But, water from a "community" source is rumored to be possible in the next few years, and might make a difference in how "wet" EOT can be in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

If you are going to use your RV water hard, you can easily arrange for a water tank refill and sewage pumping service. See the SASS Admin office at EOT (in the Mercantile) the day before you want water truck service.

Good luck, GJ

:D In the past, SASS has not collected fees for water or dump. They provide envelopes for you to pay the contractor direct. Place your payment in the envelope, write on the envelope the service needed and tape it on your RV in plain sight. They drive through the camping area looking for those that need service...... Seems like the fee was $25 EACH for dump or water last year......

Their schedule varies, so if you want/need to be at your RV when service is provided, check with the SASS admin office for an approximate schedule..... Best tactic, don't wait until you're desperate.. LOL !

I just want to say...

HI, LES & GIGGLES!!!!

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

SEE YA SOON!

:D:blush::ph34r::wub::D:wacko::D :D :D

Yep! I'm so happy to get to shoot with them! I'll keep an eye out for ya'll so I can say hello, though! Shoot good!

:rolleyes: Update on RV service for water & pump. This year services are available for purchase through the SASS Admin office located in the Copper Queen Hotel.

Beginning Tuesday, June 22 everyday through Sunday, June 27. Service will begin at 8am.

Service tickets must be purchased a day in advance. You will be provided a flyer to display on your unit that will alert the operator of the service you require. You are not required to be present at your RV at the time of service.

Water service $25 and Pumping service $25....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived