SASS Wire Forum

EOT on-site camping

Camping is 150 to 500 yds. from the shooting bays depending on what row you choose. Hotels are from 20 to 45 minutes away. Camping is BEST. Especially if you imbibe after shooting. Don't want a DUI!! We Moteled the first year at FR. It was VERY inconvenient.

P.S. They run a shuttle trailer you can ride with your gun cart all day and evening to the town/range from the campground.

Camping is 150 to 500 yds. from the shooting bays depending on what row you choose. Hotels are from 20 to 45 minutes away. Camping is BEST. Especially if you imbibe after shooting. Don't want a DUI!! We Moteled the first year at FR. It was VERY inconvenient.

P.S. They run a shuttle trailer you can ride with your gun cart all day and evening to the town/range from the campground.

Thanks for the info!

A side note on your request for info:

The close in spots are for those who bought their spots from the WB.

You'll find the rest are much further away and UP a pretty good sized hill to boot.....

There are shuttles, but not on any schedule I could depend on......

The town closes down pretty early because of the distance and HILL....

The way the spots are carved into the hillside puts a crimp in making up a "Camp" with your pards.....

Did I mention a HILL?

Wear comfortable boots or shoes.....

Youngblood

Not sure I understand, are you trying to tell me that there is a slight incline?

;):(

NO! He's not telling you there is a 'slight incline'. If you're pushing a gun cart, wearing a gun belt and it's full of lead, brass and guns that sucker is a FRIGGIN' HILL

GAWD forbid that it rained or .... well, just GAWD forbid......

NO! He's not telling you there is a 'slight incline'. If you're pushing a gun cart, wearing a gun belt and it's full of lead, brass and guns that sucker is a FRIGGIN' HILL

GAWD forbid that it rained or .... well, just GAWD forbid......

I found out what happens when it rains.....

4 wheel drive trucks on that slight incline slide down.....and if they are parked they slide down........moving slowly they throw the first layer of mud, exposing the nice brown dust and slide down and away........

If you get a running start....say 25 or more miles per hour, you can get to the top, provided no one pushing a gun cart or dragging ass steps across the road......otherwise...you slide down......

Did we mention a Hill?

Oh I forgot, the Founders Ranch parking area is about 100 yards for the really expensive (already sold) spots. Everything esle is up a very slight incline. I guess you might call it a hill.

And the spots on the hill run from about 200 yards to just about to California.

And did we mention they were on a HILL above the town and range?

Now, if you intend to have a good time and make some good friends, stay at the ranch.

If you go to say "I shot EOT" then by all means stay in town.

Hope that helps.....

LLC-D

I found out what happens when it rains.....

4 wheel drive trucks on that slight incline slide down.....and if they are parked they slide down........moving slowly they throw the first layer of mud, exposing the nice brown dust and slide down and away........

If you get a running start....say 25 or more miles per hour, you can get to the top, provided no one pushing a gun cart or dragging ass steps across the road......otherwise...you slide down......

Did we mention a Hill?

Oh I forgot, the Founders Ranch parking area is about 100 yards for the really expensive (already sold) spots. Everything esle is up a very slight incline. I guess you might call it a hill.

And the spots on the hill run from about 200 yards to just about to California.

And did we mention they were on a HILL above the town and range?

Now, if you intend to have a good time and make some good friends, stay at the ranch.

If you go to say "I shot EOT" then by all means stay in town.

Hope that helps.....

LLC-D

This reminds me of a comment made by an old Englishman when I last visited the Lake district. We decided to go for a walk one day in the hills near our B&B.

I asked what we would need for the trek, they call it Fel walking (hint-hint) The man said "Oh, it's just a wee hill, you won't need anyting sonny."

Nothing like scaling a MOUNTAIN in your tennis shoes! When I finally made it to the top of this hill all I could do was slump down and lean against the stone fence.... I recovered after about 15 minutes. At least going downhill was not so bad.

HILL is another of those "No meaning" words. What is a hill to some is a mountain to others, it all depends on your perspective...

"It's just a wee hill sonny".

I learned my lesson and was reminded of it every day walking back to the RV at EoT.

JJJ-D

;):(

• 4 weeks later...

A very great part of the enjoyment of End Of Trail is the OTHER THAN SHOOTING things to do and see at Founders Ranch.

My first visit was not as much fun because I stayed in the Holiday Inn. It was a pain to load everything and drive to the Ranch. Also, if I left to change and put my guns away and take a shower and a "quick" nap, I often did not awake until the next morning. Thus, I missed the late afternoon and evening events. :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived