SASS Wire Forum

So......How's the highway construction going?

Bama Belle, #6673

Saturday morning I-40 eastbound was moving faster than US333 (Old 66) before Zuzax and then the same speed from Zuzax to Sedillo. I'll take Old 66 because there's no truck traffic and in case of an accident there's shoulders where you can get around a wreck. A wreck on I-40 can delay you hours.

The exit on eastbound I-40 to Zuzax is closed. The westbound on-ramp to I-40 from Sedillo is closed.

Blue,Belle was referrin' to the construction in Tijeras Canyon,west of Sedillo Hill.

And a little warnin' about gettin' to Smith's,McD's,Walgreens,Edgewood in general: It's a durned mess,they've screwed it up so badly they're havin' to make changes as they go along.The "frontage road" they're puttin' in on the north side of 66 is gonna be a nightmare,the reason they did that is 'cause they cut off access to several businesses from 66,then decided to put it in after some pretty loud complaints.

I got $10 says they'll be back in no more than 3 years to fix what they screwed up.

I got a verbal reprimand today for doing 50 in a 45 zone through the construction on I-40. Tomorrow I'm back on NM 333 where I can travel 55 mph.

Archived