I use this Beef Stroganoff recipe. My wife loves it when I fix this dish. I like it also.
· 1½ pounds beef sirloin steak, ½ inch think
· 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2½ cups)
· 1 large or 2 medium onions thinly sliced
· 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
· ¼ cup butter
· 1½ cups Beef Broth
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· 1½ cups sour cream
· 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
1. Cut beef across grain into about 1½ x ½-inch strips
2. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
3. Cook beef in same skillet until brown.
4. Stir in 1 cup of beef broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Stir remaining ½ cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture…
6. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
7. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil).
8. Serve over egg noodles.