Jump to content

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

RO Instructor Wire
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

  1. Eureka!! talk about coincidence!!! the trigger bolt spring apparently gave up the ghost when I put the new hammers in,,, the bolt was real mushy and then wasn't working at all...I didn't touch it when I did the install, but noticed it was weak and bent it to give more tension,,, a wire spring,,, that's when it gave up completely,, fortunately I had two new flat ones and now they both seem to be 'healed"!!


    Thank you Larsen for giving the heads up where to look!!!


    the Peitta,,, two slight swipes and it is much better, it may need a third to be near perfect,,, but after shooting today and messing with these for at least two hours I'll leave the Peittas for another day to perfect them,,, think I'll take them tomorrow too tho,,,run some rounds thru them


    thanks Larsen and OLG!!

    • Like 1
  2. I bought new hammers with lowered spurs for my smokewagons,,,,,


    1. both can over rotate the clynders,,, one worse than the other,,, seems like the bolt isn't popping up like it should... what to I need to smoothe out to fix this?



    2. my piettas,,, one has to be cocked pretty hard to catch the final cocking position so that the hammer doesn't fall before locking.. do I need to take a lil off of the sear...? two of the chambers are worse that the others...is the hand slightly to tall?


    help please....


    Slick is making things right, so I'm not concerned about that. :) .

    I replaced the original firing pin a while ago when I was working the action. I haven't tried the WWG trigger in this rifle but they work fine in my 1895 and 308ME. I was actually hoping the Phantom would work in my 1895's as the WWG trigger curve has an edge that brings blood after a magazine load or three. The PT has a much better profile and edge.

    To expand on my original question, can the out of battery firing damage the rifle or cause the bolt to move/eject aft out of the receiver? With the block not in place that would only leave the lever holding things in.


    why in the world wud you take the block out????

  4. maybe to ease your mind a bit,,,, the out of battery discharges I've seen it didn't matter if the lever safety worked or not, it was caused by the lever being jerked back and forth during a malfuction and the firing pin had enough inertia to fire the round...



  5. sure thing!! I use Cheditte now,,, nary a miss fire or primer seated too deeply now.. I fly in on monday and will be out at cowtown tues and wed some,,, as well at the range


    440 452 0129

    • Like 1
  6. lunger, I wont use them if the rim of the primer can't be felt along the brass,,,, I've never had a misfire with checking them like that,,, every misfire I've seen the rim is pressed into the primer hole deeper than I like,,, I found this when I had some problems years ago, now I try to make sure I check every loaded shell for this, and have seen plenty of new ones with the same problem


    I also quite using FEDs 209s because the was about a .003 variance in the depth of the primer cup.....


    no feely primer rim,, no usey shell!!

  7. back to the burr,,, if someone has a burr under their saddle about me, I just try to kill them with kindness,,,, if I have the burr, I figure I taint perfect either and let it go,, sometimes it takes me a lil while to complete it, but I try....


    99% if the people in SASS are the salt of the earch,,, the other 1% are sometimes a challenge that has to be overcome...


    and yes, sometimes you have to walk away and put it in the past

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.