• Days Won

Yul Lose last won the day on March 7

Yul Lose had the most liked content!

2 Followers

Previous Fields

• SASS #
    74578, Jedi 277
  • SASS Affiliated Club
    Escondido Bandidos, The Cowboys, Cajon Cowboys, Dulzura Desperados.

Profile Information

North San Diego County, People's Republik of Kalifornia
  • Interests
    Kids and grandkids, old guns and cowboy shooting, bison hunting, woodworking and guncart building.

Recent Profile Visitors

Yul Lose's Achievements

SASS Wire Vet

SASS Wire Vet (1/1)

1. Having spent quite a bit of time around cotton fields, growing it and dealing with growers and gins and related businesses and then working at a knitting mill that made un bleached cotton fabric up in New York years ago and then managing one of their sewing plants down in Arizona I can attest to the fact that cotton fabric is indeed white until it’s dyed. It’s not bleached white, it’s white through every step in the process until it’s dyed. I knew quite a few black people that worked growing it, cultivating it, irrigating it, harvesting it, ginning it etc.. and none of them were offended by its whiteness. I doubt that in the 1840’s they worried about what color their wagon covers were, they just wanted to get out to the west. Thinking that dying your wagon cover so the Indians wouldn’t see it is comical. The Oregon Trail was actually miles wide because there was so much livestock to feed, mules, horses, oxen, etc.. that the wagon trains widened the trail substantially just to keep their stock fed and I’m pretty sure the Indians knew all about it, after all they lived there.
  2. I am now I just received my confirmation. I’ll see you there.
  3. Thank you, everyone. Forgot a ton of those over the last 50 years or so. This is going to be fun. My old CD changer out in the shop is on its last leg and a lot of my CD’s won’t play anymore.
  4. I might be out there all of the time now, it beats most of the stuff my wife watches on TV.
  5. I used to have a boss in Sheridan, Wyoming that called this music Dope Smokin Music and forbade me from listening to it in the company delivery van. Little did he know that I’d change the station whenever I was out on deliveries and change it back when I returned. Thanks for all of the suggestions, I’d forgot about most of this music.
  6. I’m in the nostalgic mood out in the shop and have been listening to music of my teens, Steppenwolf, CCR, 3 Dog Night and a few others. I’m downloading albums from Apple Music on to my iPad and need some more ideas, help me out. I’ve got most of the country stuff from back then but would like more rock from that era. Thanks for your help.
  7. I rarely answer the phone anymore. If it’s important they can leave a message.
  8. The light in our older LG refrigerator works very rarely. I’ve changed bulbs and replaced the switches in the hinges to no avail. We’ve had 2 different repair outfits out and they want anywhere from $800.00 to $1,100.00 upfront to order a board that they say might or might not solve the problem, no guarantees. So I found these motion sensing LED lights on Amazon and for about $60.00 I fixed the problem. The lights are rechargeable and the charge lasts quite awhile and Mrs. Lose is very pleased. My stepson and his wife have been complaining about the same problem and they took my advice and did the same thing.
  9. I knew a guy in Arizona many years ago and he flew drugs and money across the border in southern Arizona. Him and his wife weren’t afraid to flaunt their wealth and most everyone knew what he was involved in. He told a friend of mine that he was getting out of it because it was becoming more and more risky with the Feds new “Just say no” campaign. Well not long after him and his wife were both found dead and to my knowledge their murders have never been solved. So like Pat Riot says don’t start doing it in the first place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.